JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EFCs for Roku
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund,

I'm trying to catch up on this thread and update my spreadsheet and upgrades with the latest codes. I have a question about Pluto. Does that work on stand-alone Rokus or just TVs?

Rob,

Related to the Pluto code (EFC 120), I can't figure out the OBC. The Roku protocol OBC range is 0-127, but EFC 120 decodes to 234 in RM. Is that equivalent to OBC 106 (234 minus 128)?

I only see 2 new codes in the thread since you last updated my spreadsheet, Rob, ESPN and Pluto. Did I miss any others? Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do another full search.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to remind myself what the Roku signal format is, so I copied the executor output from RM over to PB to disect it. It's basically in the NEC2 format, except that after sending the signal once, they flip the rightmost bit of the OBC (and comp byte), well actually, they don't flip it, they set the bit for the OBC and clear the bit for the comp. The format is LSB but not comp'd, so the bit changing that they're doing will increase the OBC, which means they're expecting the low OBC first, and then they'll take care of sending the high OBC second. The fact that EFC 120 works (which is the high OBC) means that it must not matter whether you send the low OBC first. You are correct that it should be OBC 106 (EFC 128).
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Edmund,

I'm trying to catch up on this thread and update my spreadsheet and upgrades with the latest codes. I have a question about Pluto. Does that work on stand-alone Rokus or just TVs?

Rob,

Related to the Pluto code (EFC 120), I can't figure out the OBC. The Roku protocol OBC range is 0-127, but EFC 120 decodes to 234 in RM. Is that equivalent to OBC 106 (234 minus 128)?

I only see 2 new codes in the thread since you last updated my spreadsheet, Rob, ESPN and Pluto. Did I miss any others? Maybe I should just bite the bullet and do another full search.

The Pluto Tv efc only available on the Roku tv's, and its 00120. It has never showed up on stand alone roku code set. 00120 efc using code 03061 is CBS All Access.

Roku should really release the simple roku remote with tv and volume keys, its the remote included with Onn Roku Smart Soundbar. These tv commands are roku commands that initiate hdmi-cec signal to control the tv the roku is connected to. I have tried it on old roku like Roku 2 HD, and Express 3700 and it gives them a roku remote that controls your tv, or any tv brand as long as they have hdmi-cec feature. The roku 2 HD accepts IR and blue-tooth. The express 3700 only IR, you can't pair a wifi remote like later express models like the 3900 & 3930. And only current roku wifi remotes come with tv controls. Unless they release this remote widely. Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you both. I also did another search and didn't find anything additional. Upgrade and spreadsheet has been updated with all new commands up to this point in the thread.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what did you call efc 00038, 00040, and 00042? These the keys that hold a voice search prompt, so are they 1, 2, 3? Smile And did you include the tv controls, power 00147, vol up 00134, vol down 00136, and mute 00140?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
So what did you call efc 00038, 00040, and 00042? These the keys that hold a voice search prompt, so are they 1, 2, 3? Smile And did you include the tv controls, power 00147, vol up 00134, vol down 00136, and mute 00140?
All added.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: