JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't make manual shift buttons to work in Atlas.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, when you open an ICT file in IRScope, there is a pop-up image of the wave form. I think I remember being able to disable that in the past, but I don't recall how to do it. Do you remember if it's possible to disable that and if so, how?
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,
Yes, I can see all relevant versions.
But not when you can't make it work. 201a GUI was broken. It just said IRscope in a non-resizeable tiny window with no menus. Nothing. So if you want to find out DecodeIR version you use explorer and it shows nothing.
I asked about it and included a screen shot (I think) here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101830
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
ElizabethD wrote:
Did you notice that in windows explorer DecodeIR properties doesn't show version number? I wish it did because it's very inconvenient as is.

IRScope, however, shows both its version and the DecodeIR version on its title bar (as well as the versions of ExchangeIR and MakeHex that it is using).

You can also see what versions of programs that RMIR is using in the Help > About box, but you're right Liz, I just tried doing a right-click > Properties on DecodeIR.dll and it doesn't show the version.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Graham, when you open an ICT file in IRScope, there is a pop-up image of the wave form. I think I remember being able to disable that in the past, but I don't recall how to do it. Do you remember if it's possible to disable that and if so, how?

Isn't it simply the checkbox "Show waveform"? If that is checked then the waveform shows as you open a file or capture a signal, if it is not checked then it doesn't show. You can always get a waveform by double-clicking a signal but that checkbox determines whether or not it is shown automatically.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Isn't it simply the checkbox "Show waveform"? If that is checked then the waveform shows as you open a file or capture a signal, if it is not checked then it doesn't show. You can always get a waveform by double-clicking a signal but that checkbox determines whether or not it is shown automatically.

Yup, that was it, thank you!
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

You can also see what versions of programs that RMIR is using in the Help > About box, but you're right Liz, I just tried doing a right-click > Properties on DecodeIR.dll and it doesn't show the version.

That's wonderful. I just read it.
But does this imply that IRscope was using the same DecodeIR.dll version? I don't think so. I did have a IRscope 201a mangled and I doubt that what RMIR showed would have told me.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
But does this imply that IRscope was using the same DecodeIR.dll version?

No, IRScope uses the version in its installation folder. Remember that DecodeIR is obsolete, there will never be a later version than 2.45, and IRScope is no longer maintained. The download of IRScope was last updated in October 2012, so its included DecodeIR dates from then and is probably earlier than v2.45. 3FG continued to support DecodeIR after I stopped doing so, and v2.45 was his final version. That is the version included in all RMIR distributions.

So if you want the last-ever and most up-to-date IRScope, download IRScope v2.01a from Tools > Main, then replace DecodeIR.dll with that from the Windows-x86 subfolder of RMIR (even if you have a 64-bit PC, as IRScope is 32-bit) and DecodeIR.html from the installation folder of RMIR. This latter is documentation only, it does not affect the operation of IRScope. However, from what you say, I think this is in fact what you now have.

The future is IrScrutinizer instead of IRScope, but unfortunately it is the future, not the present. IrScrutinizer does not work properly with Windows and the Widget, which is the only combination that IRScope supports. I understand that fixing this is on Barf's to-do list but I do not know when he will get round to it. For information, IrScrutinizer does work with Linux and the Widget, and with Windows and other capture devices such as IrToy, but not with the combination that would make it a replacement for IRScope.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just updated the IRScope zip to include the latest version of DecodeIR.dll
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I just updated the IRScope zip to include the latest version of DecodeIR.dll

Unfortunately you must have included the 64-bit version of DecodeIR v2.45, as when I opened it I got the small window that you get when DecodeIR is missing. I have now updated your update with the 32-bit version, which works regardless of whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham, I didn't know there were 2 versions, I just grabbed it from the zip of your latest RM build, but I see now that you included 2 versions, one in Windows-x86 and another in Windows-amd64, and I grabbed the latter version.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
No, IRScope uses the version in its installation folder. Remember that DecodeIR is obsolete, there will never be a later version than 2.45, and IRScope is no longer maintained.
Thanks for explaining about DecodeIR 32 vs 64 bit. I guess with java8 running as 32bit and RMIR too, I should be ok.

Rob, Graham,
I finally sifted through recent softwares forum posts. It's amazing how much you and Barf and others have done.
Anyway, I'm now up to date from my previous 2015 state. Installed new tools with no issues. Thanks Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Liz, so what do you want to do next? Got a remote that needs tweaking? Funnily enough, I tweaked one of my own remotes for the first time in ages recently.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
what do you want to do next? Got a remote that needs tweaking? Funnily enough, I tweaked one of my own remotes for the first time in ages recently.

LOL.
Funny thing. I don't know, since just fixed in this thread last thing that needed fixing.
I do have one 6131 which refused to accept uploads. Perhaps with new tools it'll like it.
Maybe some 7800 work, but only if Vicky is around in case I mess up her extender.
The major problem is that these old remotes work and work and work. Indestructible. So there isn't much to do Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote that I just tweaked is my 15-1994 (from 1999) so yeah! We always either use the u-Verse STB or we use apps in the smart TV, so I couldn't remember how the other devices in the system were setup (as we hardly ever use them), so I thought I'd tweak my setup so I knew how they were all setup and how to use them from the remote, including the old VCR! I even found a VHS tape to put in it for testing. I also did some memory management by converting any keymoves to learned signals that were eligible (remember, there's an old bug in this remote that prevents learned signals from working if a protocol upgrade is used in that device mode). I even added a remote controlled floor fan that my son no longer uses, so now when I need some air movement, I can do it from the remote!!!

In the process I found a bug that hindered me setting up my RCA video selector, which required me to temporarily switch to KM and IR to add it
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: