JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to remove unwanted keymoves from an RMDU file ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: How to remove unwanted keymoves from an RMDU file ? Reply with quote

Hi,
I made some device upgrades for my URC-7950 remote and I discovered that 3 buttons (REC, >>|, |<<) are followed with an asterisk (*) which means that they carry a keymove.

I did not want these keymoves and I don't know from where they come, but more annoyingly I did not find a means to remove these keymoves in RM.
I can remove the keymoves from the resulting RMIR file in RMIR, but the corresponding button becomes unaffected.

I have uploaded an example RMDU file with this problem.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26027

So I would be grateful if you can tell me how to edit this RMDU file to remove the keymoves.
Thanks in advance for your help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you correctly deduced, the buttons with asterisks next to them will generate keymoves if you assign a function to them. RMIR generally won't let you delete keymoves generated by upgrades from the keymoves tab, you have to go back to the upgrade itself to remove them.

So, open RMIR and open the .rmir file in question, then go to the devices tab and click edit on this upgrade, then go to the Buttons tab, highlight the buttons (record, skip- and skip+), then click Remove, and voila!
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your answer however it does not work, if I remove these buttons I remove the function but the (unused) button stays with an asterisk and if I want to reuse it it will have a keymove.
I made a factory reset, and even if I add an upgrade which dont use these 3 buttons, the asterisk stays and I really don't see how to remove it.
See an example RMDU file which does not use these buttons.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26028

If I want to use these buttons, they will have a keymove and I really dont see how to avoid it ...

Thanks for your help !
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correctly, you are just complaining about the appearance of the asterisks, why? That's just how we chose to program RMIR, it's designed to let you know that those buttons are not part of the device mode that you have selected and therefore, if you assign a function to them, it will become a keymove. You chose SAT mode, if you want to program these buttons and not use keymoves, chose a different mode, like VCR mode or AMP mode, for example.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the clarification, it works OK if I use DVD instead of SAT for example.

But it was absolutely not obvious that (only) the cable/SAT type of devices had a "keymove preallocation" to these 3 buttons ...
And I really don't see the purpose of this (besides drawbacks).

It's not the presence of the asterisk which poses me a problem, it's the fact not to be able to allocate a satellite receiver to the SAT key if it has to use the record, skip+ or skip- buttons !

I have added 5 upgrades to this remote, out of which 3 SAT and 2 DVB-T receivers: all of them need the record function and 3 need skip+ / skip-, and if I want to use these functions I have to use another device key than SAT.

Is there no simple way to suppress this forced keymove on SAT ?

Thanks again.

Hervé
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please understand that these are not restrictions that we chose to program into RMIR, these are restrictions that are in the remote itself. When UEI creates these remotes, they create different keymaps for each device type and I don't know the thought process that goes into which buttons they select, but it is what it is. In your case, the SAT mode doesn't include RECORD, so your options are to either use a different mode or to use keymoves.

As to the question of programming your upgrade to the SAT button, there's no restriction stopping you from assigning your new DVD mode upgrade to the SAT device button.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Please understand that these are not restrictions that we chose to program into RMIR, these are restrictions that are in the remote itself. When UEI creates these remotes, they create different keymaps for each device type and I don't know the thought process that goes into which buttons they select, but it is what it is. In your case, the SAT mode doesn't include RECORD, so your options are to either use a different mode or to use keymoves.
Thanks for these explanations.

The Robman wrote:
As to the question of programming your upgrade to the SAT button, there's no restriction stopping you from assigning your new DVD mode upgrade to the SAT device button.
In fact I chose DVD for the device type when adding these 5 upgrades to be able to use these 3 buttons but I did not assign them to any button by RMIR.
After that I can only assign these setup codes to the DVD or VCR buttons, all the others are refused.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your RMIR file (not the RMDU file that you keep posting) and I'll fix it for you.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Here is the RMIR with the 5 upgrades:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26030

Could you please be so kind to explain me how you fixed this file to make possible to assign these 5 setup codes to the SAT button.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Hervé
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I explained before, you can't assign multiple setup codes to one device button at the same time, but I just updated your RMIR file (same link) so that the DVD/2004 upgrade is now assigned to the SAT device button.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for this modification, I can now assign any of the 5 codes (2000 to 2004) to the SAT button by the normal procedure on the remote (of course not all at a time on the same button !).

For my understanding, could you explain the principle of what you did ?
Did you change the group of the SAT button (same group as DVD and VCR) ?
If yes, is it still possible to assign a SAT code of the original remote list to the SAT button ?

Anyway many thanks again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I did was, I opened your RMIR file, I went to the General tab, then I went to the SAT device button entry, then I changed the Type column from SAT to DVD and typed in 2004 in the Setup Code column, then I saved it.

I think, reading between the lines, you were trying to change the setup code on the remote itself rather than using RMIR, which is where you ran into the problem. (Keep in mind that almost nobody here does any programming on the remote itself anymore, we all program using RMIR). To change the mode of a device button on the remote itself, you need the 992 command.

Are you really re-programming the SAT button between the 5 upgrades manually (ie, on the remote) each time? Are you using the other device buttons for anything? If not, why not have one SAT box programmed to each of the device buttons?
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob for the explanation, it's clear now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: