JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8350 processor - NEC1 (no repeats)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject: URC-8350 processor - NEC1 (no repeats) Reply with quote

split from: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102488

Dear Rob,
As you know I tried to add an RMDU with the NEC no repeats protocol on my URC-8350 and it was not possible, you told me that it's probably because the processor is not an S3F8.
So I tried to find which processor it uses with GetCPUType.
Unfortunately it does not work, it reads the first 4 or 5 bytes and then indicates a timeout after some time.
Do you have an idea of what the problem might be as the communication works correctly with this remote when using RMIR ?

Hervé

Last edited by marcel jacques on Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-1580 uses an S3F8 processor with a JP1.4 interface. Just load one of your files (or download the remote) and open the Raw Data tab. There is various info about the remote there, as well as the raw data panel itself.

The NEC no repeats protocol should be supported by the remote. Check that the menu item "Options > Show Slingbox protocols " is checked. If it is not, check it then close and re-open RMIR for it to take effect.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
The URC-1580 uses an S3F8 processor with a JP1.4 interface. Just load one of your files (or download the remote) and open the Raw Data tab. There is various info about the remote there, as well as the raw data panel itself.

The NEC no repeats protocol should be supported by the remote. Check that the menu item "Options > Show Slingbox protocols " is checked. If it is not, check it then close and re-open RMIR for it to take effect.
Thanks Graham for this answer but my question was not about the URC-1580 (which I know uses an S3F8 processor and supports the no repeats via the slingbox option, as Rob indicated it and it works).
My question (which I should not have added in this thread !) was regarding the URC-8350 which does not support the "no repeats" via the slingbox option because, according to Rob, it does not use an S3F8.
The problem is that I cannot find which processor it uses via the GetCPUtype function as it does not respond (it reads the 4 or 5 first bytes and then generates a timeout).
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

URC-8350 has signature 11691169 and that means it is a HCS08 processor.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
URC-8350 has signature 11691169 and that means it is a HCS08 processor.
Thanks 3FG for this info.
But do you know a possible reason why there is a timeout error with the GetCPUtype function ?

Edit: I do not find the HCS08 in the "dump" list of processors.
Might this be the reason of this problem ?

Last edited by marcel jacques on Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:28 am; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an updated entry for NEC1 (no repeats) that includes HCS08 code. The red items are what's changed. (I changed DevParms=Device Code to DevParms=Device so that you won't lose the device code number when you change an NEC1 upgrade to the no repeats version.

[NEC1 (no repeats)]
PID=00 5A
VariantName=slingbox
DeviceTranslator=Translator(lsb,comp,0,8,0) Translator(lsb,comp,1,8,8)
CmdTranslator=Translator(lsb,comp)
CmdParms=OBC=0
DevParms=Device,Sub Device=[-0]
FixedData=ff 00
Notes=This protocol produces NEC1 signals, with no repeats.
Code.S3C80=44 8C 21 8B 12 CF 4C 08 08 01 21 01 06 01 21 03 31 D4 FD 11 A7 08 B7 20 11 E4 05 06 60 06 8D 01 46
Code.HCS08=20 15 22 47 21 CF 4C 08 08 01 17 01 1A 01 17 03 4D D2 F0 11 93 08 CA 3C AA 4E 62 63 33 63 CC FF 5F
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob for this entry however, to be honest, I don't really understand how to use it...

I tried to include in an existing RMU file for the Teox with setup code 2002 (modifying the NEC address from FF00 to 9F60) but it produces a code with NEC address FF00 with repeats....

So could you explain me how to use it to create an RMDU file for the Teox with no repeats ?
Thanks in advance.

PS:what is the purpose to have both the code for S3C80 and HCS08 ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure...

Step 1: go to your RM folder and look for a file called protocols.ini
Step 2: open it using Notepad and search for [NEC1 (no repeats)]
Step 3: replace the entry with the one I gave earlier, and save the file
Step 4: re-start RMIR and open your current RMIR file
Step 5: go to Devices, select NEW, select OPEN, open the Teox RMDU file
Step 6: change the selected protocol from NEC1 to [NEC1 (no repeats)] and verify that the device codes didn't get lost during the change
Step 7: save, re-load, test
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Sure...

Step 1: go to your RM folder and look for a file called protocols.ini
Step 2: open it using Notepad and search for [NEC1 (no repeats)]
Step 3: replace the entry with the one I gave earlier, and save the file
Step 4: re-start RMIR and open your current RMIR file
Step 5: go to Devices, select NEW, select OPEN, open the Teox RMDU file
Step 6: change the selected protocol from NEC1 to [NEC1 (no repeats)] and verify that the device codes didn't get lost during the change
Step 7: save, re-load, test
Hi Rob,
Since there was no [NEC1 (no repeats)] entry in my protocols.ini file, I just added your entry after the [NEC1] entry and it works now without repeats with the RMDU I built earlier assuming the 8350 was based on an S3F8.
I havel uploaded to the diagnosis area the URC-8350.zip file containing the modified protocols.ini, the Teox RMDU file for no repeats (code 2002) and the resulting RMIR file (also with Teox w. repeats code 2001).
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26015
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't have the no repeats protocol in there before, how were you able to load it into your other remote? Are you using an out of date copy of RM? I'm confused because it's part of the standard release. What's the version number of your copy of RM?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcel jacques wrote:
Since there was no [NEC1 (no repeats)] entry in my protocols.ini file

Yes there is. The no-repeats entries are all together at the end of the file. That one is at line 6060. As I have said before, you have to check that the menu item "Options > Show Slingbox protocols " is checked, and if it is not, then check it, close RMIR and reopen it before you get access to it.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
marcel jacques wrote:
Since there was no [NEC1 (no repeats)] entry in my protocols.ini file

Yes there is. The no-repeats entries are all together at the end of the file. That one is at line 6060. As I have said before, you have to check that the menu item "Options > Show Slingbox protocols " is checked, and if it is not, then check it, close RMIR and reopen it before you get access to it.
Thanks Graham.
I expected [NEC1 (no repeats)] to be just after the standard [NEC1] entry. Embarassed
Nevertheless as I said the fact to have inserted the entry of Rob just after [NEC1] without removing the previous one at the end worked fully as expected (of course "show slingbox protocols" was checked). Wink
I have now modified the protocols.ini as I should have (replacing the previous entry by the one published by Rob).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: