JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need RDF for URC-1580 signature 3377
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Thanks again for all your efforts.
You will find attached a zip file with 4 files.

-3377_after reset: after that all buttons can be reprogrammed manually, which I did for the 4 problem buttons, which gives:
-3377_after reset and manual code changes: after reloading this file buttons are locked (except DVD which I think was an error from me when I told it was blocked earlier).

In order to check if it was the fact to have changed code buttons which gave the problem, I resetted again and made a new regular download:
-3377_after reset without code changes
I reloaded it and after that the 3 buttons (SAT, CBL, DVB-T only) were locked again without having changed any code inbetween. So I made a new RAW download which may help you:
-3377_after reset DL UL without code changes

So it's clear now that it's the fact to load an RMIR file which locks these buttons, not the fact to add an RMDU. The problem is to find why ...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25996
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we might have it this time. I enlisted Graham's help with this one and we spotted another byte of data that was set in the raw data, so I have modified the RDF to set that byte appropriately and when I tried saving the raw file as an RMIR file, the byte was set this time whereas previously it was not.

Updated RDF here (only the RDF has changed, not the image or map):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25978
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Yeeees !!! Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

This time you got it !
The 3 problematic buttons work fully normally with the new RDF, I can change the setup code on the remote for all buttons.

I wish to thank you once again for all the work you did on this remote and I hope it will be useful to other users !
Many thanks also to Graham for helping solving this mystery !

Good evening to you both.

Last edited by marcel jacques on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked, enjoy JP1-ing your remote!
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Setup lock does not work anymore ... Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

On the URC-1580 I changed the affectation of a key (blank_screen) because I just noticed that subtitle could be enabled by the green button in addition to the blank-screen button, which made possible to add an additional function.
So I changed blank_screen from subtitle to TV/RD which was missing, so now only one function (FAV) is missing compared to the original remote.

I did that directly on a previous RMIR file with notepad, it works as expected except that the fact to check or not the "setup lock" box has no effect anymore: even if this box is checked I can reprogram manually the SAT button which I would like to lock.

I dont understand the reason for that and I would appreciate if you could have alook to the IR and RMIR files corresponding to this status.

Thank you again for your support.

Hervé

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26002
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please make all your changes in RMIR or RM rather than Notepad, as you're likely to break something if you make a change in Notepad and don't know what you're doing.

If I understand your question correctly, you're saying that the "lock" box doesn't work and you'd like to fix that, is that correct? I had thought about asking you to check that before me considered this complete but forgot to. Now, we know that if we don't set that other byte correctly, it will cause the device buttons to be locked, so I'll have to ask Graham if there's a way we can use that to lock the device buttons.

It appears that the part about changing the blank_screen button from Subtitle to TV/RD is un-related, is that correct? Is there any advice you need on that one?
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your quick reply.

The only thing I did on the RMIR file with notepad was the change of the blank_screen button code in order to change its function from "subtitle" (1D) to "TV/RD" (E7) for both codes for the Teox (2001 without repeats and 2003 with repeats).
I did not change anything to the 2002 code for the Premio SAT HD-W.

Normally this should have nothing to do with the lock function but as far as I remember it worked before.
Everything works as expected with this RMIR file except the locking of a device button by checking the corresponding box.

Other changes such as lock/unlock a device button or setup code allocation to a device button were made using RMIR.

Thanks again to you and Graham.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I'll have to ask Graham if there's a way we can use that to lock the device buttons.

As this remote uses a byte that we have never seen used before, we don't actually understand what it does. Mostly we figure out what bytes do what by experimenting, and as we don't have one of these remotes, you Marcel will have to do the experimenting. The byte concerned is set in the RDF [DeviceButtons] section. It is the final byte of the 7-byte SAT entry, which currently is $02. When you were having problems with devices being locked, the final bytes of each entry were $FF. (The RDF entries at that time were not actually 7 bytes, but they had the same effect as setting each final byte to $FF).

So try changing this final byte for SAT to $FF in the RDF, then download the remote to RMIR and upload it without changing anything else. That will make the change in the remote. Let us know what effect it has, if any.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
So try changing this final byte for SAT to $FF in the RDF, then download the remote to RMIR and upload it without changing anything else. That will make the change in the remote. Let us know what effect it has, if any.
Hi Graham,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I just changed this byte from $02 to $FF, downloaded/reloaded with RMIR (after having unchecked all device button boxes) and the SAT button is now locked, all the other buttons stay unlocked.
That's exactly what I wanted to do but it's strange it that with the previous RDF at a time all buttons could be locked or anlocked by checking their box ...
Thanks again for your help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing it from $02 to $FF will permanently lock the SAT button, at least until you change the RDF back again. With the original RDF that I created, it didn't explicitly set that byte to anything, which resulted in RMIR setting it to $FF because it didn't know what else to set it to. The current version of the RDF sets it to the device type code, which results in it being unlocked.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Changing it from $02 to $FF will permanently lock the SAT button, at least until you change the RDF back again. With the original RDF that I created, it didn't explicitly set that byte to anything, which resulted in RMIR setting it to $FF because it didn't know what else to set it to. The current version of the RDF sets it to the device type code, which results in it being unlocked.
I understand that but what I don't understand is that the selective lock of a button by checking its box did not work anymore with the RDF version with this byte set to the device type code whereas it worked when I used this RDF for the first time...
Nevertheless it's not very important since I know now how to lock and unlock a button by modifying the RDF, even if it's not very "smart".
Thank you again to you both.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know it worked before if the device buttons were locked?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcel jacques wrote:
Everything works as expected with this RMIR file except the locking of a device button by checking the corresponding box.

marcel jacques wrote:
it's strange it that with the previous RDF at a time all buttons could be locked or anlocked by checking their box ...

How can both of these statements be true?
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
How do you know it worked before if the device buttons were locked?
Hi Rob,
With your initial RDF the buttons to which new setup codes were allocated by RMIR were locked (impossible to modify the setup code on the remote itself after that), then you provided a second RDF where they were not locked and I could lock one of them by checking its box in RMIR.
After that I made a modification with notepad to my RMIR file (change of the code of the blank_screen button to change its function) and then the SAT button remained unlocked even if I checked the "lock" box (iI did not try with other device buttons).
(I think the above explanation answers also the question of Graham).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: