JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reset of dreambox remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pa911

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reset of dreambox remote Reply with quote

Now I have damaged my remote -

I have tried the JP1 with my dreambox remote - it did not work.

Now suddenly (I have not done anything different than pluggng it in and out testing the JP) the dreambox remote does not work. pressing a button turns still causes the dream button to blink - but the dreambox does not react.

Is there a factory reset for the remote?

Thanks so much for your advice

I would never image that testing the JP1 interface could damage the remote! Bad luck
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Reset of dreambox remote Reply with quote

pa911 wrote:
I would never image that testing the JP1 interface could damage the remote! Bad luck

There's been no known cases of JP1 actually damaging a remote. More likely what happened is that the remote reset the EEPROM when you used the cable (as it's supposed to). I think the real problem is that the Dreambox uses an OEM upgrade for its main device. Since I have no actual experience with the Dreambox, I can't tell you the secret to getting it back... maybe one of the Dreambox experts can jump in here.

In the meantime, you can try searching the forum for "Dreambox" and read through some of the previous posts to see if the answer is there waiting for you! Wink
pa911

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You suggested "...that the remote reset the EEPROM when you used the cable (as it's supposed to). "

But how can that be if the test did not go through - I read that IRxxx does not change anything in the remote if the test fails!

OK I will try "Dreambox" here.

I already tried different Dreambox forums - but no success - I guess I am the only one who messed up the DB remote with JP1????

Anyway - worst case I have to go to my dealer
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa911 wrote:
You suggested "...that the remote reset the EEPROM when you used the cable (as it's supposed to). "

But how can that be if the test did not go through - I read that IRxxx does not change anything in the remote if the test fails!

Sometimes just connecting the cable is all it takes to reset the EEPROM. IR doesn't necessarily need to be used for that to happen. Since I think the Dreambox uses an OEM upgrade, it might become unassigned by a normal EEPROM reset

In searching the old Yahoo messages, I found that the Dreambox OEM code is apparently 1267. You can try programming that to the Dreambox device button to see if it helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: