JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need RDF for URC-1580 signature 3377
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure, enjoy.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: URC-1580 for Teox (no repeats) Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Back home I tested the URC-1580 with the NEC "no repeats" code on the Cahors Teox STB and it works perfectly, there are as expected no unwanted double commands anymore.
The only (very unimportant) drawback is for the volume control which does not increase progressively by maintaining the button vol+ or vol- depressed.

I tried to implement the same "no repeats" protocol on an URC-8350 but I got a warning that this remote does not support this protocol ("show slingbox protocols" was enabled).
But this is unimportant, this test was just for fun.

Thanks again for your very strong and helpful involvement.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-1580 for Teox (no repeats) Reply with quote

marcel jacques wrote:
Back home I tested the URC-1580 with the NEC "no repeats" code on the Cahors Teox STB and it works perfectly, there are as expected no unwanted double commands anymore.
The only (very unimportant) drawback is for the volume control which does not increase progressively by maintaining the button vol+ or vol- depressed.

That was an expected outcome. To solve it, create 2 upgrades for the Teox, one using the "no repeats" protocol and one using the standard NEC1 protocol, then use keymoves (which we proved work) to move the volume buttons into place.

marcel jacques wrote:
I tried to implement the same "no repeats" protocol on an URC-8350 but I got a warning that this remote does not support this protocol ("show slingbox protocols" was enabled).

All Slingboxes use the S3F8 processor, so that's what we used to create the "no repeats" protocol. I haven't looked it up, but I assume the 8350 uses a different processor. If you really needed it to work on that remote, someone would have to write a special protocol for you. I only know the S3F8 assembler, so it wouldn't be me.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: URC-1580 for Teox (no repeats) Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
marcel jacques wrote:
That was an expected outcome. To solve it, create 2 upgrades for the Teox, one using the "no repeats" protocol and one using the standard NEC1 protocol, then use keymoves (which we proved work) to move the volume buttons into place.
This is really unimportant and does not deserve any further work.
But there is something more annoying, I don't know if it is linked to the modifications or a problem in the remote but I cannot anymore change the setup code of the SAT, CBL, DVB-T and DVD buttons (there is only one long flash after entering a code instead of 2 short ones).
The other 4 buttons (TV, VCR, Tuner and Misc) can be reprogrammed normally.
Is it as expected ?
On the URC-7950 I had no problem to add 3 new setup codes on the SAT button and I can still choose another code from the original code list.

The Robman wrote:
marcel jacques wrote:
All Slingboxes use the S3F8 processor, so that's what we used to create the "no repeats" protocol. I haven't looked it up, but I assume the 8350 uses a different processor. If you really needed it to work on that remote, someone would have to write a special protocol for you. I only know the S3F8 assembler, so it wouldn't be me.
I don't really need the support of the Teox on this remote, it was just to check if the "no repeats" worked.
The Teox is now supported with no repeats by my URC-1580 (main goal) and by my URC-7950, that's more than enough.
However the URC-8350 has an interesting RF (432 MHz) command capability (just for an on/off control) and I wonder if I could use it for controlling my RF controlled mains switch.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really wouldn't be hard at all to create volume buttons that work properly, if you didn't follow my instructions, just post your current RMIR file and I'll add them. Here's the last file that I created with them added:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25980

As for programming the remote manually, I guess my first question is, why would you want to when it's much better to program it using RMIR, but none the less, we probably should figure out what's going on. I don't see anything in the code that would indicate that the device buttons are locked. Could you explain exactly, step by step, what you are doing to try and change the code and what response you get. Tell for both when it works and when it doesn't.

As for the RF remote, I don't know for certain but in all likelihood, the RF signal is just for the command center that comes with it and can't be used to control other RF devices.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: URC-1580 for Teox (no repeats) Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
It really wouldn't be hard at all to create volume buttons that work properly, if you didn't follow my instructions, just post your current RMIR file and I'll add them. Here's the last file that I created with them added:
Thanks, I tested the file and the keymoves work. However the repeat on the "mute" key is in my opinion not wishable as it mutes and unmutes successively if you maintain the key pressed, so I removed it.
I removed also the support for the Premio from this remote and I put the setup code 2001 (no repeats) on the SAT button instead.
I left the setup code 2003 (repeats on vol+ / vol-) on the DVB-T button.
This is the resulting RMIR file (I changed also the setup code for TV to 2051 for my Samsung TV).
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25990

However I don't see in the RMIR file how the upgrade codes are allocated to the SAT or the DVB-T button: I would prefer to add all SAT upgrades on the SAT button but I think the problem below prevents it.

The Robman wrote:
As for programming the remote manually, I guess my first question is, why would you want to when it's much better to program it using RMIR, but none the less, we probably should figure out what's going on. I don't see anything in the code that would indicate that the device buttons are locked. Could you explain exactly, step by step, what you are doing to try and change the code and what response you get. Tell for both when it works and when it doesn't.
I am simply trying to enter another setup code by the normal procedure (long simultaneous press of red and blue keys, no "magic" key on this remote) and then entering the desired setup code.
It does not work on SAT, CBL, DVB-T and DVD but works normally on TV, VCR, TUNER and MISC.

I don't know the reason for that but I wonder if one of these two facts can have anything to do with this problem:
-we use the code 2001 for a SAT upgrade and this code is already part of the original codes for TV. Is it allowed ?
-the index numbers of the device buttons in the RDF follow an order which seems strange compared to their position on the keyboard.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-1580 for Teox (no repeats) Reply with quote

This locked setup code thing is puzzling to me, so I have an idea. I have just loaded a file in IR format, which is a copy of your original raw IR file, with 3 upgrades added:

SAT/2001 - "no repeats" code for Teox
SAT/2002 - Premio
SAT/2003 - helper code for volume buttons for Teox

I haven't assigned any of these upgrades to any device buttons, so you should do that on the remote itself, then once you have done so, please verify that you can change the code to something else if you like. With the 2 setup codes assigned to the SAT and DVT-B buttons, please do a raw download and give me the resulting IR file.

As for your question about you wanting to assign both SAT codes to the one SAT button, how were you hoping that that would work? This universal remote has 8 device buttons, so it's meant to replicate 8 devices the idea being that you program one device to each device button. If you were able to program 2 devices to 1 device button, how would the remote know which of the 2 devices you wanted to control?

You have asked a couple of times if it matters that there is a TV/2001 code and would it clash with the SAT/2001 code that I created, and the answer is no. The TV or SAT part of the code tells them apart. Now, if I were to create an upgrade called TV/2001, this would clash with the built in TV code, but my code would win, it would effectively overlay the built in TV code.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: URC-1580 for Teox (no repeats) Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
This locked setup code thing is puzzling to me, so I have an idea. I have just loaded a file in IR format, which is a copy of your original raw IR file, with 3 upgrades added:

SAT/2001 - "no repeats" code for Teox
SAT/2002 - Premio
SAT/2003 - helper code for volume buttons for Teox

I haven't assigned any of these upgrades to any device buttons, so you should do that on the remote itself, then once you have done so, please verify that you can change the code to something else if you like. With the 2 setup codes assigned to the SAT and DVT-B buttons, please do a raw download and give me the resulting IR file.
Thanks Rob for this file.
However it does not change anything regarding the capability of entering a setup code on the remote itself for the SAT, CBL, DVB-T and DVD buttons. Sad

So what I did with RMIR is that I allocated the setup codes to the device buttons as follows:
SAT: 2001 (Teox with no repeats) with volume punch-thru fom CBL (mute included)
CBL: 2003 (Teox with repeats)
DVD: 2002 (Premio sat HD)
DVB-T: unchanged (1993 for a DVB-T receiver)

The resulting IR and RMIR files are in this zip file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25991

The Robman wrote:
As for your question about you wanting to assign both SAT codes to the one SAT button, how were you hoping that that would work? This universal remote has 8 device buttons, so it's meant to replicate 8 devices the idea being that you program one device to each device button. If you were able to program 2 devices to 1 device button, how would the remote know which of the 2 devices you wanted to control?
I think there is a misunderstanding, what I wanted to do was to have the 3 codes (2001, 2002, 2003) in the SAT setup code list and allocate one of them to the SAT button on the remote itself.
This works perfectly on the URC-7950 but proves impossible with my URC-1580 for a very odd reason as this works for 4 of the 8 device buttons ...

The Robman wrote:
You have asked a couple of times if it matters that there is a TV/2001 code and would it clash with the SAT/2001 code that I created, and the answer is no. The TV or SAT part of the code tells them apart. Now, if I were to create an upgrade called TV/2001, this would clash with the built in TV code, but my code would win, it would effectively overlay the built in TV code.
OK, this is clear for me now but that's because I am used to other non JP1 remotes (from Meliconi for example) where any code can be allocated to any device button, there is only one list of setup codes where it does not matter for which kind of device a given code is.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some JP1 remotes use 5 digit setup codes where the first digit is effectively the device type, for example TV/2001 would be 12001 and SAT/2001 would be 22001, etc.

Back to the question of the locked device buttons, when you re-load the original 3377-2.ir file, does that unlock the device buttons? I was under the impression that our assigning of upgrades to the device buttons was locking them, but if they're still locked with that last file, which has nothing new assigned to the device buttons, I am now wondering whether they were locked all the time.

Also, the 2003 code with the repeating buttons was not designed to be assigned to an actual device button, the idea is to keep it in the backgroup and just use keymoves for VOL+ and VOL- to make those 2 buttons repeat.

As for your desire to keep manually switching the setup code on the SAT button, why would you want to do that? It's a much better idea to use another device button for the 2nd SAT box, and DVB-T seems the perfect choice.

So, here's what I would like you to do now. Try re-loading the original raw download file that you created and see if those 4 device buttons are still locked. If they are, one final test would be to do a full mfr reset (ie, hold RED/BLUE buttons, 2 flashes, type 981, 4 flashes), then see if the 4 device buttons are locked.

Ok, I just had a brain flash, when you attempt to re-program the 4 device buttons, what setup codes are you trying to program? It just occurred to me that you might be getting the long flash be entering a setup code that is bad for the device button in question.

Here are some valid setup codes for the SAT, CBL, DVB-T and DVD buttons:

SAT, CBL, DVB-T:

DVD:
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

I tried with the old 3377_2.ir file and still the 4 buttons remained locked.

So I tried the factory reset and the all the device buttons work normally and I can change the setup code on the remote.
I retried with the 3377_8c.rmir and the problem is back.

So what I will do is reset the remote and add the Teox with an RMDU.
(I don't really need the Premio on this remote, I did it just because I had only this one with me for testing the modifications).

Last edited by marcel jacques on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the factory reset, please do a raw download and post the resulting .ir file.

Then, try using that as the base and start adding upgrades and see if the device buttons still work properly.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thiis is what I have done, and as soon as I add a new device with an RMDU file, the setup codes allocated to the 4 buttons (SAT, CBL, DVB-T, DVD) cannot be changed on the remote itself.

I tried it for the Teox with 2 different setup codes (2001 and 2002) and the result is the same.
I even tried to add the upgrade without allocating it to a device button in RMIR but after that I cannot program the setup code of this upgrade on the remote ...
This is really hard to understand ...

This is the link to a zip file with the RAW download after reset and the RMIR file after adding the Teox (code 2002, no repeats).
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25992
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR is obvioulsy changing something in the data that is locking those device buttons and my intention is to find out what it is and try and modify the RDF so that we have control over it (ie, so you have a choice whether to lock them or not).

I will look at the raw file to see what I find.
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
RMIR is obvioulsy changing something in the data that is locking those device buttons and my intention is to find out what it is and try and modify the RDF so that we have control over it (ie, so you have a choice whether to lock them or not).

I will look at the raw file to see what I find.
Hi Rob,
I had an idea that maybe the toggle between lock/unlock device button was inverted, so I checked the "setup lock" of the 4 buttons (SAT, CBL, DVB-T, DVD) and (small) miracle it unlocked the DVD button but not the 3 others.
This is file 3377_teox_ .
I made another test of checking only the SAT and DVB-T buttons and the situation stays the same (SAT, CBL and DVB-T buttons locked).
This is file 3377_teox__ .

I zipped both files for you, maybe you can find some explanation...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25993
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hervé,
Could you create some more files for me please.

First, could you do a 981 reset, then do a "raw download" from the remote, and please make sure that you use the raw download button, not the normal download button, it's important that we don't let RMIR do any alternations to the file.

Please confirm that all the device buttons are unlocked then, without changing anything on the remote, do a regular download using RMIR and then reload, again without changing anything. Test to see if the device buttons are now locked. I would like a copy of this .RMIR file too please.

If the device buttons are now locked, you can stop there, but if they're still unlocked, please now add one RMDU file upgrade to your RMIR file and load it to the remote. Please include this new RMDU file in the zip. Again, if the device buttons are now locked, you can stop, but if they're not, keep changing stuff like by adding more upgrades, etc until they become locked. If it takes more files to get them locked, include those RMIR files too.

As you can probably tell, this locked device button thing is very puzzling to me, so I'm trying to get to the bottom of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: