JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Master not seeing XSight touch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madbrain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: Remote Master not seeing XSight touch Reply with quote

I have an ARRX18G (actually, two of them), and a PC running Win10 build 1909. I connected one remote via its USB cable.

I installed Remote Master 2.10 build 9. When I start it, there is zero indication that it sees the remote at all. I have disconnected and reconnected the USB plug, and it's all the same.

I read the instructions about the Win10 registry edit. I had to look for the XSight manually as Remote Master wouldn't give me the USB device ID. I found it, and with the enhanced power management disabled, the remote now stays connected to the PC. When I press any button on it, it says "USB connected".

Yet, Remote Master still doesn't see it. Could anyone please help with this ?

Edit: tried on a Linux Ubuntu 18.04 box also. Ran the setup.sh to add my user to the correct group. Rebooted. Ran Remote master. When I plug in the remote, nothing happens. There is no "download remote" button, or any prompt to update the Xsight firmware. The remote is in the same state as on the Win10 box - "USB connected" on a button press.
madbrain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it resolved on the Windows side. Had to start RMIR rather than Remote Master. It is not obvious at all in the Wiki post at http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo that there are multiple programs called Remote Master and RMIR, and what their respective roles are. The programs don't get added to the desktop, also.
The readme is clear as mud on this, describing RMIR as "a replacement for the MS Windows application IR.exe".

I still don't quite understand when to use which, except that apparently only RMIR talks to the physical remote, and Remote Master doesn't.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the old days, IR.exe talked to the remote and RM built upgrades. Now, RMIR has taken over from IR.exe and it talks to the remote. RM still builds upgrades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: