JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote control Set-up: No manufacturers available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fmp

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject: Remote control Set-up: No manufacturers available Reply with quote

hi,

I own a slingbox SOLO. It has been working without erros for tow months but yesterday I got an issue. Apparently the remote control was lost.

I performed a hard rest to the sling, but at the "Remote control set-up" step I get the message "No manufacturers available", when selecting any of the device type.

Please, could someone help me on this?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if that means that all remote control files got wiped out, or just the one that you were previously using to control your device, but either way, it does sound like you have lost that file.

So, best bet is to check our file section to see if we already have a Slingbox file for your device. If we don't, check to see if we have a regular JP1 upgrade for your device, if you find one please link to it here and one of us will convert it into a Slingbox file.
fmp

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman

I mean all remote control files got wiped out, including the option to add a customized one. There is not option to insert a local patch to upload a customized RCU.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, beyond my knowledge I'm afraid, you'll need to talk to a Slingbox expert then.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this from a few years ago, and the solution was at http://answers.slingbox.com/message/58588#58588. Unfortunately that link is no longer valid as Sling Media closed down the support site and I cannot for the life of me remember what the answer was, although I have a vague memory it means you had a faulty Slingbox. Sorry I can't be more exact.
fmp

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all of you for your answers. I couldn't get any solution. It is really frustrating. I need to investigate alternatives to slingbox. Do you know any?
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fmp wrote:
I need to investigate alternatives to slingbox. Do you know any?

What are your requirements? Do you need the networked TV recorder or the networked IR sender? Or both?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you liked the Slingbox, just because you broke this box doesn't mean you need to switch to a different brand, you pick the SOLO up on ebay for under $25.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fmp wrote:
Thanks all of you for your answers. I couldn't get any solution. It is really frustrating. I need to investigate alternatives to slingbox. Do you know any?
Check your PMs.
fmp

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barf,
I need both. Not to storage the video from my TV box but to "record" in the way of be accesible and controled remotely. Exactly what slingbox provides in an all-in-one device.

I know partial and home-made solutions like IR Trans for the remote controling and video capture PC-cards. But it requires a PC to integrate both and a way to stream the video via Internet + ssh access to control IR Transmitter. But that solution is more complex for interaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: