JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how do I get started with Xsight Touch / URC-8603
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your macro might be improved if you add a delay between the two buttons. You could add a delay by adding meaningless buttons between the two buttons in the macro. When you use the Menu normally, would you only use the UP and DOWN buttons to change the selection? Do the LEFT and RIGHT buttons do anything? If they don't, you could add a press or two of those buttons between MENU and OK for the Guide macro.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Your macro might be improved if you add a delay between the two buttons. You could add a delay by adding meaningless buttons between the two buttons in the macro.
No need for that on Xsight. Every macro step has a "Pause after (sec)" parameter where you can enter any value up to 10 seconds.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, that should help with it.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Your macro might be improved if you add a delay between the two buttons. You could add a delay by adding meaningless buttons between the two buttons in the macro. When you use the Menu normally, would you only use the UP and DOWN buttons to change the selection? Do the LEFT and RIGHT buttons do anything? If they don't, you could add a press or two of those buttons between MENU and OK for the Guide macro.

yes that is how I did it. For Guide it works better but DVR not. The system is too slow so it is different all the time, especially after not using it for a while.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, DVR is another RF only button that you are trying to re-create using a macro? What are the steps? And if the problem is that the system is too slow, surely that just means that you need to add more delay between the steps. Dave says you can add up to 10 seconds, which is an awful long time for a macro, so are you saying that even 10 seconds isn't long enough? Because if that's the case, I would agree that it's not worth trying to make a macro for that.

Are there any other RF only buttons that could be re-created with macros? If so, what are they and what are the steps?
tajvdz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created all buttons that are RF only as a macro. You can see that in the RMIR from me I think. DVR is one that I use the must. But most of the time it stops halfway. Making the delay longer should be an option but I thought that created other problems. Back to TV is another one. But this one is difficult because it depends where you are in the menu how many steps you have to go back.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tajvdz wrote:
I created all buttons that are RF only as a macro. You can see that in the RMIR from me I think. DVR is one that I use the must. But most of the time it stops halfway. Making the delay longer should be an option but I thought that created other problems.

Ah, you mean your original file here, now I see them:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25861

So I see you have already crafted delays between the various button presses, but you haven't included a hold on any of the buttons, maybe that would be worth a try.
tajvdz wrote:
Back to TV is another one. But this one is difficult because it depends where you are in the menu how many steps you have to go back.

If you are already in the Menu mode, what happens if you press a button like INFO or TELETEXT or EXIT? I would hope that EXIT would leave the menu system completely, whereas BACK obviously only takes you back one level. Even if EXIT doesn't do that, what happens if you press INFO or TEXT? Sometimes, invoking a different mode will exit Menu completely and move to that mode, in which case you would only need one press of BACK to return to live tv.
tajvdz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can try holds. But on the soft buttons I don't like it.

I put the back to live tv on the exit button I think. Back is indeed one step back.

I have to see what it does. I will let you know. But I think BACK won't solve the problem. The most frustrating is that on the origional remote everything works just fine..
tajvdz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested but inside the menu pressing other keys won't exit the menu. Except or back and return to live tv..
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you tested the big file of gap OBCs, did you also test them when you were in Menu mode to see if any of them were the Live TV button?
tajvdz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, I didn;t test this
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: