JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sky Q Remote control file for Slingbox Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanr87

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Sky Q Remote control file for Slingbox Pro Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've just bought a Slingbox Pro and have got it working well with sound and pictures I just can't turn over the channel.

Really struggling to find the remote control .bin file. I am using a Sky Q mini box and have tried a few of the remotes you have on this site. I read that the Slingbox pro needs a jb.bin file. I cant find this anywhere despite hours of searching the net. The slingbox forums are all offline. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Do I need to create this file myself somehow? Any help on the subject greatly appreciated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the files here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13978

I was curious about the JB bin file thing, so I googled to see where you'd read that and I found this:
http://support.slingbox.com/KB/KB-1000320

Quote:
JB is for the Slingbox PRO-HD and newer Slingbox SOLO models, but because there are no IR files for the JB code, use PL for the .BIN filename.

alanr87

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the reply, yes I tried both if those and it wouldn't take either of those files. I downloaded them locally and selected them but no joy. Weirdly it took the sky+hd one but it didn't work when you pressed the buttons. So I know it's not a wrong directory issue for the files.

Yes that's where I read it. Spent a long time googling things earlier in a desperate attempt to get it to work. I have the slingbox pro so presumed I needed a JB file or I had to manually create one somehow. The PL.bin didn't work unfortunately.

Wasnt 100% sure what this line meant if I'm totally honest. "use PL for the .BIN filename."

alan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What it means is, even though the Pro is supposed to use JB files, it works with PL files.

Given that you're a brand new user here, we have no track record to know if you know how to load a bin file, so we really need you to answer the list of questions that Alan wrote up. We can't help much with a "it didn't work" post, we need more details.

The questions are also listed here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17119
alanr87

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE QUESTIONS

1. What model Slingbox do you have? Slingbox Pro HD

2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped ‘Continue’ on the M1 & M2)? Remote code is not valid. Please try a different code

3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down) Yes 10 seconds to be safe

4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files? N/a

5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work? No

6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster? Yes can see the white light

7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass. Yes tried moving them slightly still no joy

8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote? Yes

9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it. Yes

10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ? N/a

11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help. Yes

12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know. No sorry

I appreciate your time
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanr87 wrote:
THE QUESTIONS

1. What model Slingbox do you have? Slingbox Pro HD

2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped 'Continue' on the M1 & M2)? Remote code is not valid. Please try a different code

The seems to imply that the PL file isn't valid for the Pro HD after all. I think we need Alan Richey's help to move on from here.
alanr87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I saw his name and yours actually on a lot of threads I was reading about trying to sort it. Thanks again
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, been away on holiday (again Very Happy ). Your answer on Question 2 is the explanation for your failure.

You don't appear to be following the instructions linked to in the README file ?

I quote:

If you get this error message then the first thing to realise is that it does not mean ‘Invalid Custom BIN file’. It actually should read ‘Custom Remote BIN file not found’, so the likelihood is that you have not typed in the file path and filename correctly.

Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: