JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learned NEC-f16 codes not decoding
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsbrux wrote:
1. Which of the available NEC f16 protocols should I use? I find "NEC-f16 3fixed", "NEC1-f16 Official" and "NEC1-F16x" but no "NEC-f16". Since you include both OBC1 and OBC2 (which is not always the complement of OBC1) I suppose that "NEC-f16 3fixed" is not applicable.

You should use NEC1-f16 Official
rsbrux wrote:
2. May I ignore the "id2" data? Am I correct in assuming that these are for the case where a different code set is needed to differentiate commands for a second receiver?

That's a question for Yamaha, I have no idea.
HoneyBrook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the spreadsheet and RMDU files are awesome. I wish I had them when I was setting up my Yamaha receivers a couple years ago. I did make do with older data which was very helpful and got me most of the way plus I did some code conversions and some key learning for some functions which weren't covered yet to get mine taken care of. This new spreadsheet has all the latest Yamaha functions and already converted to what is needed in RM.

Yes ID2 is for a second Yamaha receiver. I have 2 Yamaha receivers (a multi zone RX-A2000 using ID1 and a satellite TSR-5790 that I changed to use ID2). One remote can control both independently.
rsbrux

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Finished RMIR & RMDU files Reply with quote

@The Robman
Thanks again for the codes. Your Excel sheet had a couple of duplicates in it; I have uploaded a corrected version to the Audio files, since that is where you put the original. It looks like the place for receivers, even A/V receivers.

I have also uploaded my RMDU and RMIR files to the Audio files section. I made a separate RMDU file for each of the ALL, Main and Zone 2 codes, as discussed above, but each borrows codes from the others, which is why I also uploaded the RMIR (to Combo Audio Systems) to show how they fit together. I left all of the codes in the RMDU files, even the ones which don't apply to the RX-V685. Please see the Notes columns for details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: