JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Convert a KM file to RM file ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Convert a KM file to RM file ? Reply with quote

I have Dl-d a file,

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4449

It is a .txt file and included instruction:

Use the LOAD function in KM. Some EFCs are not mapped to buttons but I believe I have them all in the functions table.

I do not have have or use Excel, (use LibreOffice-Calc instead), tried to open it on another Pc with Excel, got Err 508, Install MS Excel Analysis Toolpak, .....done....than when tried to open KM , got a message "there was a problem sending the command to the program."......What command ?

It looks like I need to re-invent a wheel just to be able to use this ancient 5 kb text file.
Actually I can open it in Notepad and look at content, but how can I get it into Remote Master ?

Is there any better way ? Any suggestion ?
Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just open it using RM. I just replaced the file with an RM file.
jenom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, there is Coolsat 8000 file in FILES, 2007-Apr-29.....however it is partial, some important functions are missing.

This SAT box also a Digital TV Receiver, and there is a button to switch between SAT - TV. Already scanned about 20 local over the air HDTV channels.....just can not watch them, because SAT mode is the default.

Also missing the TV/Radio button, scanned lots of Free To Air satellite radio channel....Audio output connected to stereo....can't switch to RADIO mode.

Meanwhile, I learned that I needed to change settings in Excel...Select Tools -> Macro -> Security ....Medium
Now I am able to open KM spreadsheet and loaded the .txt file
It shows code 2000, dev 64, subdev 64
RM file shows code 1554, dev 64 subdev 64.....different !

Since both RM and TXT file has same function code list, to get those 2 important buttons working will be a challenge.

Since the Atlas 1056 has 5 devices and about 50 buttons, maybe I just use another device button as a test, and add unused codes to all those 50 buttons until those 2 missing function will be found.

Thanks!

Last edited by jenom on Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KM is an obsolete tool, so you won't be able to use it to program any modern remotes. RM is fully capable of opening KM files, so yes, all I did was open the Coolsat file using RM, save it as an RMDU file, and replace the file that you provided the link for.

Btw, I notice that you always wrap your links with BOLD tags, this prevents them from becoming links, so I always delete them from your posts so that your links actually work. Just FYI.

Also, I asked for some additional information in your other thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102236
jenom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to make it more visible, that is why bolded
So can not have a bold & blue link.
the blue & underline link is visible enough
I will try to remember this in the future
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link that I posted is just the link itself, I didn't do anything to make it a link, and it's what we're all used to, no need to bold. I didn't wrap it in blue or underline tags. If you just post the link and wrap it in bold tags, it will prevent it from being a link.

The following is a raw link with no tags:

This is the raw link bolded (try it, it's not clickable):

If you REALLY want a bold link (which I do not recommend), you would have to add the link tags too, like this (and the bold tags need to be on the outside, the url tags on the inside):

And if you want it underlined, you'll have to add that too. So, all in all, it's just easier to post the raw link:

We do sometimes make text phrases linkable, like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: