JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

? for NVIDIA Shield users

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: ? for NVIDIA Shield users Reply with quote

I have an NVIDIA Shield and hate the remote. I am thinking of using a JP1 remote via IR to control it instead of the bluetooth remote it came with.

I have numerous JP1 remotes available to me including the Cinema 6 and 7, RS 15-1994, and URC 8800 and 9800. But the remote I prefer and use the most is the RCA RCRP05B.

I have downloaded 4 different files from the file section with controls for Shield, and when I open them and try to select the RCRP05B, I get an error message with a long string of JAVAscript errors and a warning that the protocol is not compatible with this device. If I select any other remote I own, there are no issues.

I have no problem using one of my other remotes if I have to, but can anyone explain why the only remote which seems to have a problem is the RCRP05B, and is it really a problem???

TIA.

SMK
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is made for the RCA:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13386
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I guess the issue was with my desktop computer, because when I tried the different files for the Shield on my laptop, which is what I actually use to program my remotes, they all worked fine with the RCRP05B.

BTW, even though this is off topic, I presume that when I get my FLIRC, which is what I will need to use to control the Shield, I will set the FLIRC to the standard Shield receiver via the software?

SMK
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shield upgrade files are designed for older Shields with built-in IR. While it is possible to use FLIRC with these codes, I don't think it's the easiest way. Windows Media Center (MCE) codes should work with Shield and FLIRC out of the box with no configuration whatsoever.

It would be best to check some Shield forums and see how Harmony remote users control via FLIRC. I've never used a Shield or the FLIRC software.
jeajea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Flirc with my shield.

I use the Kodi Flirc setup and memorize commands from another device that doesn't conflict with another "real" device.
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you for the information. I purchased the FLIRC, but my wife is going to give it to me for Xmas, so it will be a few weeks before I can play around with it.

I use PLEX on my Shield, but I don't use KODI. From what mdavej said, it seems I will likely use the MCE codes, but I will look for others and come back here if needed.

SMK
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: