JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Create RDF - Shaw Direct IRC600
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to put in some effort, there are 2 ways you could do it.

The first would be to start to add an upgrade for one of your devices, except only assign a function to one button. Then load it up into the remote and see where the function ended up. Use the CABLE mode for this. The buttons that have not yet been given button names show up as button3 (for $03) in the buttons list, or on the Layout tab they're the small dots below the remote image. You could also double check the buttons that I have made guesses for (ie, the numbers, volume, channel, buttons) as I don't know if the volume buttons are reversed.

If you don't want to do it one button at a time, you could assign multiple buttons at once, using different functions, and then see where they turn up. For example, you could use the 10 numeric buttons for your TV, then assign them to the first batch of 10 unknown buttons in CABLE mode, then test the remote on your TV and whenever a button displays a number on the screen, make a note of which button it was.

Code:
[ButtonMaps]
0 = ($1F, $15, $16, $17, $18, $19, $1A, $1B, $1C, $1D), ($05, $04, $08), ($06, $07),
     $02, $03, $24, $0a, $26, $28, $18, $20, $12, $13, $14, $25, $27, $0b, $0c, $0d,
     $2b, $2c, $10, $0f, $0e, $21, $22, $37, $2d, $2e, $2f, $30, $29, $2a, $31, $32,
     $33, $23, $34, $35, $36
1 = ($1F, $15, $16, $17, $18, $19, $1A, $1B, $1C, $1D), ($05, $04, $08), ($06, $07),
     $02, $03, $28, $18, $20, $12, $13, $14, $25, $27, $0b, $0c, $0d, $2b, $2c, $10,
     $0f, $0e, $21, $37, $2a
2 = ($1F, $15, $16, $17, $18, $19, $1A, $1B, $1C, $1D), ($05, $04, $08), ($06, $07),
     $02, $03, $28, $18, $20, $12, $13, $14, $25, $27, $0b, $0c, $0d, $2b, $2c, $10,
     $0f, $0e, $37, $2d, $2e, $2f, $30, $2a
3 = ($1F, $15, $16, $17, $18, $19, $1A, $1B, $1C, $1D), ($05, $04, $08), ($06, $07),
     $02, $28, $18, $20, $12, $13, $14, $0b, $0c, $0d, $2b, $2c, $10, $0f, $0e, $37,
     $2a

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found a way to make educated guesses at most of the button codes, so I have updated the RDF. There appear to be several more button codes available than there are buttons on the remote, so I have called these "Phantom" buttons. I am less confident that I got the GO BACK and OPTIONS button codes right, so please pay attention to those when you test this.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25717
jackching

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I think I found a way to make educated guesses at most of the button codes, so I have updated the RDF. There appear to be several more button codes available than there are buttons on the remote, so I have called these "Phantom" buttons. I am less confident that I got the GO BACK and OPTIONS button codes right, so please pay attention to those when you test this.

I see your message. Ill do my best to get back to you when im less busy. Shouldnt be right long.
jackching

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Im not 100% sure on which tests you want me to run here. It detects fine in RMIR. Let me know what you want me to do from there.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create an upgrade for one of your devices, pick CABLE mode, assign something to every button. If you don't have enough functions to cover all the buttons, duplicate some numeric buttons on the left over buttons. Then test the upgrade, make sure that each button does what you expect. If you find some discrepancies, give me a report like this:

1. Programmed function to POWER button, it ended up on FFWD button.
2. Programmed function to OK button, it ended up on PLAY button.
jackching

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Create an upgrade for one of your devices, pick CABLE mode, assign something to every button. If you don't have enough functions to cover all the buttons, duplicate some numeric buttons on the left over buttons. Then test the upgrade, make sure that each button does what you expect. If you find some discrepancies, give me a report like this:

1. Programmed function to POWER button, it ended up on FFWD button.
2. Programmed function to OK button, it ended up on PLAY button.

Can i just like download a bell receiver pvr upgrade already posted and and test it that way? This way i wouldnt have to make an upgrade and most buttons would be covered. It's been a while since i've done this so i have to kinda relearn it all.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,you don't need to create the upgrade,if we have one in the file section for a device that you have, that would work.

Normally this is a lot easier when the remote supports macros. I have the right button maps for this remote, now we just need to figure out the button codes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I be right in assuming that your Bell responds to this upgrade file? (It's based on SAT/0775)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3234

Based on that, I have created an RMIR file for you that has the Bell upgrade added and assigned to the SAT button.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25738

All normal buttons are programmed, with VIEW programmed to the FAV button. So first step is to test that all the normal buttons do what they're supposed to.

The following buttons have numbers programmed to them, so to test these, put the PVR in a mode where numbers will show up on the screen when the buttons are pressed on the remote. Test this first by pressing a number button (ie, 0 thru 9) to verify that the number does display, then test the following buttons to ensure that the right number shows up. Make a note of any discrepancies.

Vol+ = 1
Vol- = 2
Mute = 3

A = 1
B = 2
C = 3
D = 4
Help = 5
Source = 6
Options = 7
Aspect = 8
Go_Back = 9

There appear to be a bunch of phantom buttons in the button map, so I assigned 0 to all of these. I don't expect a 0 to show up during your tests, but if it does, I'll create a second file to narrow things down.
jackching

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Would I be right in assuming that your Bell responds to this upgrade file? (It's based on SAT/0775)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3234

Based on that, I have created an RMIR file for you that has the Bell upgrade added and assigned to the SAT button.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25738

All normal buttons are programmed, with VIEW programmed to the FAV button. So first step is to test that all the normal buttons do what they're supposed to.

The following buttons have numbers programmed to them, so to test these, put the PVR in a mode where numbers will show up on the screen when the buttons are pressed on the remote. Test this first by pressing a number button (ie, 0 thru 9) to verify that the number does display, then test the following buttons to ensure that the right number shows up. Make a note of any discrepancies.

Vol+ = 1
Vol- = 2
Mute = 3

A = 1
B = 2
C = 3
D = 4
Help = 5
Source = 6
Options = 7
Aspect = 8
Go_Back = 9

There appear to be a bunch of phantom buttons in the button map, so I assigned 0 to all of these. I don't expect a 0 to show up during your tests, but if it does, I'll create a second file to narrow things down.

Ok by the time I seen this, i had the tests already finished with the same idea as you by assigning numbers to buttons that weren't already covered. Only problems i seen were that the go back button and the exit button were reversed. So in other words if i hit the go back button it would perform whatever was assigned to the exit button and vice versa. Also the menu button was unresponsive (Maybe that's a problem with a physical part of the remote)? Everything else was top of the line Smile

EDIT: Just a thought. Is it possible that the person that created the upgrade in which I used got the labels for the GO BACK and EXIT buttons mixed up?

EDIT: I just assigned 2 to EXIT and 1 to GO BACK but when i hit GO BACK it gives me 2 so ya they are reversed.

Last edited by jackching on Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
jackching

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, i forgot to assign the OPTIONS button anything on the first test so i did it again with 1 assigned to OPTIONS and it brought me to menu. So options also isn't correct. Another thing I noticed was the first time i tried this upgrade, i assigned it to the aux button on the remote but each time i hit a number key, it reverted back to sat mode. This also happens when i try to go to tv mode and hit a channel button, the sat button will light up.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. you did some good tests. I have updated the RDF based on your results, so please give it a whirl. As we haven't found the MENU button yet, when you do your next tests, please put functions on the phantom buttons too, in case one of them is really the MENU button.

In fact, for this next test, why not just put functions on the buttons that we're focusing on, ie, GO BACK, EXIT, MENU, OPTIONS and the phantoms.

Also, can you please verify that I have the 2 volume buttons the right way around.
jackching

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
OK. you did some good tests. I have updated the RDF based on your results, so please give it a whirl. As we haven't found the MENU button yet, when you do your next tests, please put functions on the phantom buttons too, in case one of them is really the MENU button.

In fact, for this next test, why not just put functions on the buttons that we're focusing on, ie, GO BACK, EXIT, MENU, OPTIONS and the phantoms.

Also, can you please verify that I have the 2 volume buttons the right way around.

Alright, GO BACK and EXIT are now correct. The menu button is Phantom24 Smile. Ill need a seperate upgrade for the vol buttons i think as when i hit volume, the TV source button lights up and i dont think its accessible under SAT mode.

EDIT: I found an old upgrade i created a while back for my speakers and programmed it under tv mode and the volume buttons do indeed work including mute.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we found MENU last time (ie, it was the button previously labeled as OPTIONS) and were looking for OPTIONS this time.

These are in the current file:
Phantom24=$24,
Menu=$31,
Options=$37

If 24 is really MENU, is OPTIONS 31 or 37?
jackching

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here we go: So with your updated RMIR file,

The menu button has 7 assigned to it but whatever function i assign to phantom24 works on the menu button.

Also options has menu assigned to it and the menu comes up so is working correctly.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I think you're saying this:
Menu=$24,
Options=$37

So I have updated the RDF accordingly, thanks for all your work on this Jack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: