JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

slingbox pro will not show path to new .bin codes ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: slingbox pro will not show path to new .bin codes ?? Reply with quote

bizzare this , I have three pro boxes and having reset them want to download new .bin codes for new boxes I have .despite trying the dropdown menu that offers custom is there ... but when pressed does not give me the option to input the path ? This is on all three boxes ...so has there been a change and slingbox has closed off this custom options? ANY HELP appreciated
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of changes. Follow my latest installation instructions at http://www.rmrsoft.com/how_to_install_a_custom_remote_onto_the_slingbox.html
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: .bin code path issue Reply with quote

Thank you for te valued information: I have followed the instructions to the letter and can even mirror exactly the manufactures shown on your info sheet (page 9 ) however where you show custom after.... other .... I dont have this option on any of the slingboxes ? I did another reset and tried it once again but with all boxes the custom option is no longer there? I am just wondering if this has now been shut off by slingbox ?
If there is any other suggestions I could try it would be very much appreciated Regards Paul
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, I know of quite a few people who have recently installed BIN files on legacy Slingboxes without any trouble. Unfortunately I am away from my laptop at the moment so can’t check it out.
Quovadisuk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: path to .bin issue Reply with quote

Hello again, could you guide me through the process of loacting the path to the file please .... I did have trouble last time doing this and I cant seem to get it right this time .
I have created a folder in C: called slingbox remotes and in that have downloaded the .bin file ... when I go to search to put in the path for the upload I look for this folder as being C:slingbox remotes ... which is not recognised I have then tried C:slingbox remotes\V2010_PL and also
C:slingbox remotes/V2010_PL but still no success ... Obviously I am not entering the correct path somehow ... any idea where I am going wrong please
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why the instructions recommend the simplest possible path, I.e. C:/ Maybe Slingplayer won’t recognise a folder including a space ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: