JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

602015 URC-2125 BC0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted development build 7 of RMIR v2.09 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge, as an update to build 6. This should support the URC-2125BC0. Please give it a go. The RDF, map and image are included, as are Rob's ones for the URC62440.

There are some unusual features about this remote that I do not yet understand, which are probably related to its RF support. There are two phantom device buttons, one that I have called Extra is normal but there is one that I have called RF that has a non-standard structure. It uses a device upgrade with PID 0BBB that is also non-standard. I would advice against making any changes to those till we understand more. There are also three punchthrough groups that have not been seen before. I initially called them X,X,Z but after some experimentation I found that Y is a punchthrough for the Input button and so renamed it. X and Z are still called that, and as far as I can tell, changing their assignments has no effect on any buttons so they remain a mystery.
ckeays

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works!

A few things. The white paint was something I did (it does not come on every remote). I do this on every remote I have so there is no guessing the orientation of the connector! I guess the comment in the program might make others wonder.

I am curious to know why the remote does not support DISH network?
Could it be because it's 57 KHz?

Everything else I tested seems to be working.

Very nice remote, especially the back lighting.

I didn't realize you do not have to remove the battery cover to access the programming connector (at least on the remote I have now).

Thank you for your hard work!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckeays wrote:
The white paint was something I did (it does not come on every remote).

How did you manage that, as the remote you sent me seemed to be in its original sealed packaging, as new? BTW Again very many thanks for it. I have needed to post development build 8 to fix a bug reported here by danich, so I have included a replacement RDF with the mention of the paint removed.

I don't know why Dish Network is not a built-in protocol, but if you need it, Dish Network Combo is available as an upgrade protocol if you create your own device upgrade. I haven't tested it, but it should work OK. The frequency should not be a problem for that remote.

The few remotes with the external 5-hole connector are the only ones where the programming connector is accessible without removing the battery cover.
ckeays

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
ckeays wrote:
The white paint was something I did (it does not come on every remote).
How did you manage that, as the remote you sent me seemed to be in its original sealed packaging, as new?

I didn't want to send it unless it was tested. I removed it from the original packaging and then plugged it in. As I mentioned before, I always mark every remote with a white dot (white out) to prevent guessing the orientation of the connector. I doubt it would hurt the remote if it was plugged in incorrectly because you can't short vcc and gnd, but better to be safe.
mathdon wrote:

I don't know why Dish Network is not a built-in protocol, but if you need it, Dish Network Combo is available as an upgrade protocol if you create your own device upgrade. I haven't tested it, but it should work OK. The frequency should not be a problem for that remote.

I did use the dish upgrade but I am getting a message that the remote does not support dish network protocol. I will try to create my own from scratch.
mathdon wrote:

The few remotes with the external 5-hole connector are the only ones where the programming connector is accessible without removing the battery cover.
I thought I saw one recently that had the 5 pin connector, but you had to remove the battery cover. I should have taken a picture of it.
ckeays

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try to create my own upgrade as soon as I select Dish Protocol I see this message:
https://imgur.com/V5Y3nIo

Edit: Dish Network Combo works!

I wonder what is the difference?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckeays wrote:
When I try to create my own upgrade as soon as I select Dish Protocol I see this message:
https://imgur.com/V5Y3nIo

Are you using RMIR or RM to create the upgrade? In either case, I don't understand how you are selecting Dish Network protocol for the URC2125BC0. In RM, if you select that remote, Dish Network is not in the protocol drop-down list and if you select the protocol first, then the remote, the protocol will change and needs to be reselected. In RMIR Device Upgrade panel after pressing New, the same applies except the remote is pre-selected. And where does the message appear? I have no idea where it can come from. Doz please explain what you are doing, as I find this most puzzling.

Now I understand your question about Dish Network not being supported, I can answer it. Protocols.ini does not have an executor for the TI2541 processor (used also for your TI2530) for the Dish Network protocol, but does for Dish Network Combo. It's not to do with the remote, but with the data in protocols.ini.
ckeays

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know what to do now (and what not to do).
For the record, this is what I was doing.

In RMIR,
File, new device upgrade.
RemoteMaster opens.
If I select protocol first, then select remote
I get the error message.
I see now why this is happening. (Should've selected the remote first)

If I select an existing upgrade for DISH the same thing happens.

In RMIR,
File, open
Find the existing Dish upgrade.
As soon as the URC-2125 remote is selected the error message pops
up, but it does not with Dish Network Combo.

I tried to figure out what the difference is with both protocols but I couldn't find that information. I will have a look in protocols.ini.

thanks again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckeays wrote:
Yes I know what to do now (and what not to do).
For the record, this is what I was doing.

In RMIR,
File, new device upgrade.
RemoteMaster opens.
If I select protocol first, then select remote
I get the error message.
I see now why this is happening. (Should've selected the remote first)

You know what, I never even knew that the File > New > device upgrade option was there, so I just tried it and I see how you could end up where you did. That basically brings up a regular stand alone RM session.

The proper way to do it is to go to the Devices tab and click on the New button, as that will bring up an RM panel where your remote is already selected (and is the only possible selection).
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You know what, I never even knew that the File > New > device upgrade option was there

This is there to provide a way to open RM if you don't have any shortcuts and don't want to open it from a command line. There is also an entry to open RMPB in the same way. It isn't basically a stand-alone RM session, it is precisely that. You can then close RMIR and leave the RM session open.

@ckeays
I still have no idea why you are getting that strange message. It isn't anywhere in the RMIR code or any supporting file of which I am aware. I cannot reproduce it by following exactly what you did. Please post a link to the Dish upgrade that you are using, so I can try opening that.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to re-create it myself but was unable to. What I did was...
1. Open RM
2. Select Dish Network protocol
3. Select URC-2125 remote

Because the Dish Network protocol is not in the URC-2125, every time that I select the URC-2125 it reverts to Aiwa, which is the first protocol in the list.
ckeays

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading the information regarding phantom buttons however I can't find specific answer to my question.
I see this remote has an "extra" device :
Quote:
"The device button named Extra is a phantom device with a standard structure".

I loaded another device into this slot (Device #5).
I left the RF section (Device #6) untouched as per your advice.
I am curious as how to use the 5th device when there is no mode button for the 5th device?
Is it not possible since this is a 4 device remote?
If this is the case then why is the extra slot available? Just curious.
thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RDF calls the 5th device mode "Extra" and there is an "Extra" device button in the button list, so to access the extra device mode, you need to create a macro which includes the Extra device button.
ckeays

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. Works good.

Thanks
rodenti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a couple of these remotes for cheap to play with. I'm planning to build a one-row JP1 cable instead of adapting my existing one, but the instructions don't have the details on what lines go to each of the five pins. I have deduced the following using several interface cable documents, please let me know if this is correct before I start my build:

View from cable side (back of connector), remote control buttons facing up:

Code:

O      O      O      O      O
     RTS    TXD    GND    RXD    EMPTY

Edit: RTS and RXD is reversed above, it should be:

Code:

5      4      3      2      1
      O      O      O      O      O
     RXD    TXD    GND    RTS    EMPTY

Atlas 1056B01 (JP1.3)
Atlas 1056B03 (JP2)
URC-2125BC0
and many others... I may be addicted to JP1.

Last edited by rodenti on Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest info that we have is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360

Quote:
For remotes with a 5-hole connector (like the URC-2025):
[NOTE: remove the batteries while using RMIR]
1 - Yellow:RTS
2 - (empty):VDD
3 - Black:GND
4 - Green:TXD
5 - White:RXD

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: