JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

602015 URC-2125 BC0
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckeays

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: 602015 URC-2125 BC0 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I just picked up a URC-2125BC0-BX remote.
Remote master gives me an error when I try to download from the remote.
Code:
"No RDF matches signature starting 6020"

I built the 5 pin adapter from http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10722

Remotemaster is reading the remote. So I "suppose" my cable mod is working.
(FYI the cable is working on other JP1.X remotes without the 5 pin adapter or with the standard 6 pin connector)
The cable I am using is an FTDI cable with the Red, Blue,White, Green, Yellow & Black wires.

Just wondering if maybe this remote is supported by remotemaster?
Any help would be great!
ckeays

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a log of the serial communication:
[img]
https://ibb.co/dpWg2x9
[/img]
I couldn't post the log text here (don't know why)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a raw download from the remote, then save the file and upload it into our Diagnosis Area and then post a link to the file here.

I can't access the ibb.co link you posted, nor would I want to.
ckeays

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. I did a raw download.
Here it is:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=25680

I have no idea why the forum did not allow me to post the serial port log. I have posted these logs before using code tags. The post was blank when selecting preview??
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have let you, the issue is that certain special characters cause the Preview not to work.

I tried creating a starter RDF for you, but it's beyond my abilities, I keep getting a segment out of bounds error, so hopefully one of the guys more familiar with segment remotes will be able to help.
ckeays

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

If there is anything I can do please let me know.
I have two of these remotes.

I would gladly donate one if it would help.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked at your raw download and at the info in the links I can find on the web:

https://www.uei.com/product/champion-plus/
https://www.amazon.ca/Rogers-Champion-URC-2125BC0-BX-URC2125-Universal/dp/B074XD3Z6D

The first is a UEI page apparently aimed at vendors, the second is a Rogers Telecom version of it. By appearance it is probably an upgrade/replacement for the URC-2025 that has an S3F80 processor. The signature of the URC-2125 is 602015 and remotes with 6-digit signatures starting with a 6 have so far used the Texas Instruments CC2541 processor. However, there are various things that indicate that cannot be the case for the 2125. The raw download shows the length of the E2 data area to be 0x700 bytes, but this size must be a whole number of flash erase pages. The CC2541 has a page size of 0x800 bytes, and although there are other TI processors in that series with a 0x400 byte page size, that doesn't fit either. Also, that range of TI processors is designed to support Bluetooth, as do the three UEI remotes we know about that use it. There is no indication in the links that this remote has a Bluetooth interface. It cannot even be a MAXQ processor, as the ones UEI has used have a 0x200 byte page size and again, that doesn't fit. So what about the Samsung S3F80 again? That has 64K of flash and the raw download shows this has at least 128K.

I see no possibility other than that this uses a processor that we have not seen before. The initial 6 in the signature suggests this is again a Texas Instruments processor, but beyond that I cannot even guess. There are other mysteries too. This remote does follow the segment structure of all recent UEI remotes, but it has three segment types (hex values 27, 2B, 2D) that we have not seen before. These may support features of the new processor that also are new to us.

I see no way I can make any further progress without having one to experiment with. I see that you, ckeays, have kindly offered to donate one if it would help. It would certainly help me, but first I am in the UK which may be expensive in postage costs from Canada and secondly even then I cannot guarantee success. This remote seems sufficiently different from anything we have seen before that it probably requires a cooperate effort between the experts, as did the URC7980 which was the first remote with the TI CC2541 processor.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: URC2125B0 Reply with quote

A slighty diferant model CHAMPION PLUS URC2125B0-BB on this page mentions pairing it with a cable box using RF
maybe they are similar i downloded the manul but have not looked at it yet
ckeays

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the remote is a Rogers remote also capable of RF. I am not 100% sure, but I think the RF is only for the cable box.

Graham please pm me your details. I would be very happy to send you a remote, no strings attached. I will try and get it out today.

Your help in this forum is and always has been priceless.
I guess when you enjoy what you are doing it does not seem like work!

Thanks Again
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, very many thanks for the remote, which arrived this morning in record time Very Happy . Thanks also for the pin-out details. I would probably have guessed that the white dot on the 5-hole connector was pin 1, but this is in fact the third layout that we have seen for this connector. The URC8820BC2 has pin 1 (unmarked) on the left with the remote face up, while yours has it on the right, and the URC2020B0-B1 has pin 1 like yours on the right but its pin 1 corresponds to pin 2, not pin 1, of the 6-pin connector. So you saved me both time and worry.

Nothing to report so far, but it is keeping me happy today Wink .
ckeays

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the mail is usually pretty fast from Canada to the UK.

As for the connector I spent a lot of time figuring out why it didn't work, so I thought I'd save you the trouble. I don't even use the adapter any more.

My FT232 cable came with a 6 pin flat connector (as they all do from ebay). I just re-arranged the wires and it works.

Very nice remote. They seem to be easily available here.

Someday I would like to get the RF working. I am just waiting to order a Zigbee module to play with.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A brief update. I can now download and upload to this remote but cannot yet save it as a .rmir file. The processor is a Texas Instruments CC2530F128 which has a 0x800-byte flash page size, so it is the first remote where the E2 area, 0x700 bytes, differs significantly from a whole number of flash pages. We have had two remotes where it is 4 bytes smaller, and we never did find out what those 4 bytes were for. This is 0x100 bytes smaller. Probably something to do with the RF support, but it is something more for RMIR to handle.

I have had to modify RMIR and add to the RDF syntax to get this far. I am still some way off reaching a state where it would be safe to post for others to play with.
ckeays

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the update.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly working now. Can now save and load as .rmir file. Experiments to find what facilities work show that it supports Macros but, surprisingly, not Key Moves. Also does not support Learning. I have tried setting RMIR so that it supports key moves for the remote, but uploading a setup with key moves caused the remote to do a factory reset. That too is surprising, as remotes generally ignore segment types that they do not support. Entering 994 in setup mode, the usual code for a key move, gives a long flash which signifies not supported.
ckeays

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the update and all your hard work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: