JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC 7781 not uploading or downloading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: URC 7781 not uploading or downloading Reply with quote

The last time I did anything by the connector was about a year ago. Now when I try to download via RMIR the remote flashes and resets and RMIR says 'no remote connected'. I have not tried to download or reset as I am scared of losing the functionality as updated a year ago. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try fresh batteries and make sure the connector is oriented correctly. Failing that, post your RMIR file so we can see if it's corrupt.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Try fresh batteries and make sure the connector is oriented correctly. Failing that, post your RMIR file so we can see if it's corrupt.

Thanks. I have already checked the batteries and the connector (it cant be connected incorrectly on this remote). I then tried the connector on a different remote and it works OK. I cant upload the file from the remote due to the issues.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you last loaded the remote, did you save your RMIR file? If so, you could do a 981-style reset on the remote and try re-loading it. Of course, if that doesn't fix it, you'll have lost your programming, but often that's all it takes to fix issues like this.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ube_Astard wrote:
I have already checked the batteries and the connector (it cant be connected incorrectly on this remote).

That's a curious remark. I have a URC-7781 and certainly can connect my cable the wrong way round. I know there is a cut-out that acts as a key, but I was not aware that there were any JP1.x cables that had a connector with a matching protrusion.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Ube_Astard wrote:
I have already checked the batteries and the connector (it cant be connected incorrectly on this remote).

That's a curious remark. I have a URC-7781 and certainly can connect my cable the wrong way round. I know there is a cut-out that acts as a key, but I was not aware that there were any JP1.x cables that had a connector with a matching protrusion.

Is that were i'm going wrong then? The same cable connects to my 7962 and I was sure ive used the same connector on both in the past. When I look at the remote charts now its reads 6 pin for the 7962 whereas JP1.2 for the 7781. I'm not aware I have any more cables than the original JP1 cable so are those definately different cables for these 2 remotes?
Anyway, assuming I'm using the correct cable as I think I am. Rob I do have a backup from years ago before I made a couple of tweaks. What I'm fearing though is if I do a reset I may still not be able to use the backup if theres an issue which continues to prevent uploading to the remote. What I was trying to do is backup the current remote them make some tweaks to the settings.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm the JP1.2 is the very same 6 pin connector?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ube_Astard wrote:
Can anyone confirm the JP1.2 is the very same 6 pin connector?

What do you mean? JP1.2 describes the interface protocol, not the shape of the 6-pin. All remotes with a 6-pin connector have the same connector, though the shape of the opening ha changed over the years, the newer remotes have smaller openings than the older ones.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK sorry for the confusion, I was just trying to confirm I am correct and the connector that is used for the 7781 is the same as used for the 7962. You have confirmed I am.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a new JP1 remote before I reset this one which is why its taken me a while to come back. I factory reset the 7781 which I still want to use then connected the cable, but again every time i connect it, it flashes then starts the configuration process all over again. Whether I reconfigure or not, if I try to upload or download to it RMIR is saying 'no remote found' or 'write remote returned 1'. What could possibly be wrong with the remote?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: