JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Brand New AXXR18G Firmware issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrusion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Brand New AXXR18G Firmware issue Reply with quote

I just found and bought a brand new, never been opened AXXR18G remote. I'm able to upload the *.MRIR programing backup file (from a used remote whose buttons are failing) using RM 2.0.8 b6 or 2.0.9 b3. The upload appears to be successful (all functions work), despite failing the verification step (written data does not match upload).

I clicked the download button for the first time and got a window saying there's new firmware, but it gave no details on what version that would be or where the BIN file is coming from. The current FW is 1.2.17. After clicking continue, the remote goes into Upgrade Mode and then a window appears saying, "remote has opened in a new mode in which Enhanced power management is still enabled..." EVEN THOUGH the given registry entry's Enhanced Power Management key IS SET to ZERO!!

If I click continue again, the download fails and the remote remains in upgrade mode until I disconnect USB and remove the battery. After it reboots and reconnects to USB, I try again and the same thing happens.

Any ideas how to get the FW to install?

There's only two reg entries for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_06E7... &PID_8001 and &PID_8005. Again, BOTH pwr mgt keys are zero.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check for .XSIGHT reg Keys as well. Old FW has different keys. Don’t open Regedit until you get the message.
chrusion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! There was a second device rolled up under the &PID_8005 group, named "Xsight Touch," that had EPM set to 1. I changed it to 0 and will test when I get home (edited via RDP from work).

Thanks for pointing that possibly out.

Last edited by chrusion on Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
chrusion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that did the trick. Successful firmware installed to ver. 1.3.32 and can up and download without issue.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. Those reg keys can be all over the place depending on the firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: