JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HomeWorx HW180 STB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files in the link you provided are called C2010_RV.bin whereas the files you were trying previously were called V2010_RV.bin, so I'm still confused about that.

Alan, did you see the PDF that Charles posted, did it appear from that that he was using out-of-date instructions?

Charles, here are the instructions that Alan posted:
http://www.rmrsoft.com/how_to_install_a_custom_remote_onto_the_slingbox.html

which should hopefully be the same as the instructions in our wiki:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_Install_a_Custom_Remote_onto_the_Slingbox
cbsalazar123

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alan. As you may be aware, Slingbox does not support setup.slingbox.com, as you receive the following error message.

Sorry, we do not support setup on browser anymore. Please click below link to download 'SlingPlayerDesktop' application to configure/re-configure your Slingbox.
http://www.slingbox.com/Products/SlingplayerApps

The next problem is that SlingPlayerDesktop which Slingbox is guiding me to use (which I downloaded and tried) does not support the old Legacy Slingbox products (e.g. SOLO).

Therefore, the only option available that I know of as of now is the use the legacy software for Windows Slingplayer Version 2.0.4.522 which is what I'm forced to use now and is my reference in the installation screen shots I provided via the PDF file I uploaded on the JP1 website.

In reference to your new instructions (and link), I assume that it is referencing the loading of BIN files with the SlingPlayerDesktop application

Is this correct?

If this is correct, I cannot get SlingPlayer Desktop to find my SlingBox SOLO. Furthermore, I believe I read somewhere that SlingPlayer Desktop is not compatible with legacy Slingbox players.

Any other ideas?
cbsalazar123

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rob, To address the confusion on the files, the answer is simple.

The nomenclature of files names are stipulated as:

"C" for control box
"V" for Standalone PVR

Accordingly, seeing that the files had C2010_PL.bin and C2010_RV.bin I changed the file names to V2010_PL.bin and V2010_RV.bin.

I have loaded the files C2010_PL.bin and C2010_RV.bin as a control box.
This also gives me the message "No Update found ..........." as I have reported.

Loading the files V2010_PL.bin and V2010_RV.bin as a PVR also gives me the same message as above.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I reference your previous comments, you CANNOT rename a BIN file, that will wreck it. The fact that one file is a 'C' and one is a 'V' is irrelevant, I use both.

Now to your previous comments:

>>>The next problem is that SlingPlayerDesktop which Slingbox is guiding me to use (which I downloaded and tried) does not support the old Legacy Slingbox products (e.g. SOLO).

>>>Furthermore, I believe I read somewhere that SlingPlayer Desktop is not compatible with legacy Slingbox players.

You cannot use the Desktop Player to watch the Solo, but for reasons known only to themselves, Sing insist you use it to configure the Slingbox. If you had done as I asked and follow my installation instructions you would have seen that.

I think I am going to drop out of this thread now. I have told you what you need to do but you won't do it.
cbsalazar123

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't appreciate your condescending attitude and furthermore, it is evident that your "knowledge is limited".

1. Where is it mentioned that changing the filename "recks a file"?

2. I never stated that I'm watching the Slingbox SOLO via the Slingbox Destop Player.

I explicitly state that the Slingbox Desktop Player will not recognize a Slingbox Solo and will not allow one to enter the settings page to configure the SOLO.

NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR INPUT!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan is our primary Slingbox expert here, and he's managed to help thousands of Slingbox users get up and running. Unfortunately, Slingbox users are typically terrible at following instructions.

The setup code is also encoded inside each Slingbox bin file, so if you change the name of the physical file, they won't match and the file will get rejected. That's why I kept asking you questions about the file names because I suspected that you had renamed them and that would certainly cause the reject notice that you were getting.

Regarding where it's mentioned that you should not rename the files, I refer you to the Introduction paragraph of the Wiki page that I linked earlier:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_Install_a_Custom_Remote_onto_the_Slingbox

Quote:
Introduction
If you are not familiar with custom remote bin files they are specially made files that you can install onto your Slingbox for controlling devices that are not included in the supplied Slingbox remote controls. We have hundreds of them available, in our Download Pages for all sorts of devices. If you have tried the Slingbox supplied ones and can't find one that works we recommend you search or list and try one available here. If you do not see one for your device in the list you can check the JP1 forums that also carry a large number of Custom Remotes.

The remote files are called BIN files because the file-name extension ends in .bin (on may Windows machines they will show as being associated with VLC, you can ignore this). When downloading remote codes you may find several different ones contained in a Zip file. For example: S2010_PL.BIN and S2010_RV.BIN. For most devices you will need only the xxxx_PL.BIN file. The xxxx_RV.BIN file is used for older European Slingbox Solo models. So if you have one of those you need to try both files just in case. Note that you must NOT rename these files, it is essential the file name stays as issued.

Anyway, now that you have burned bridges with Alan, I don't know that you will find your answer here, so you may have to try somewhere else.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Slingbox SOLO not accepting HomeWorx HW180 STB BIN file Reply with quote

cbsalazar123 wrote:

I'm experienced on IR as I'm an audio/video installer for Creston and Xantech and know my way around IR, but I'm at a loss with this issue.

Appreciate your help and guidance.

Sincerely,

Charles Salazar

Charles, This is perhaps to politest technical for forum I've ever encountered. We realize that people that come here are in over their heads, and we give them the best help that we can, out of the goodness of our heart.

It seems that you think that you know what you are doing, and don't need to follow directions, and then you taking out your frustrations on the people that are providing you the help and guidance you requested.

We don't get paid for helping, we do it because it feels good to help. Typically a thank you as a reward. Not a hostile attitude.

May I suggest that you read the instructions that you were given, instead of thinking that we are dolts.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use solo any more but as far as I know, alan is correct regrading one should use slingplayer desktop to set up a solo or a pro hd. That said, you can also set up solo or pro hd and watch them with a legacy slingplayer downloadable from here

Note that if you set it up with the legacy slingplayer, you have to put the bin files in the c:\program files (x86)\slingmedia\slingplayer\sbav\ folder. From the settings->setup assistant, follow the instrcution to configure video source and in the remote selection, select Custom, then tyoe C2010 capitalized.

I also would like to mention that Alan is correct in that one cannot rename the bin file only by changing the file name. You would need to use remotemaster to change the device type from cabe to pvr and export binary file from the remote master app.

I must say that slingplayer desktop sucks in that on my old pc and mac, it sometimes refuses to load the slingbox directory and I had to use my newer pc to set up my slingboxes. Therefore, I sometimes also use the legacy slingplayer to do the job, too. Good luck to you.

If you can get to this step, you should be ok.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6JcpBdhwJuP3wgDG9
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: