JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC602220-00R00, signature 3280, need RDF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steamchute2k

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: URC602220-00R00, signature 3280, need RDF Reply with quote

So I connected my JP1 remote to my PC via FT232RL FTDI adapter and got the error in the thread title trying to read the remote.
I confirmed the remote's signature really is 3280 using the blink back (983) method.

If I understand correctly, I need to find a matching RDF file to use RMIR with my remote, though I have been able to download a raw reading of the remote:

{link deleted}

Any help would be appreciated.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way I'm going to follow that link. Please upload your file to our file section.
steamchute2k

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't realize I could do that.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25614
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the make and model of the remote? It is a remote that we have not seen before and we would need to create an RDF before you can use it with RMIR. The raw download shows that it is a JP1.4 remote that uses a Samsung processor. Its signature is 328001 and the length of its user data (what we call, for historical reasons, the EEPROM or E2 size) is 0x1B80. It appears to support three devices and to contain quite a lot of learned signals.

That is as much as I can tell from your raw download. We need to know more about the remote before doing anything else, and the make and model is the first thing we need.
steamchute2k

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
We need to know more about the remote before doing anything else, and the make and model is the first thing we need.

I just opened the battery cover of two of these remotes, and I got the following numbers off a sticker the covers themselves:

URC602220-00R00
S3F80KBX3K-COCB

Those numbers are the same on both remotes.

They also had another number on the remote itself, though a different number for each remote, so I'm assuming its a serial number: J113902 and J112502.

Finally, the serial pins I connected to have a part of the board above them showing "JP1.3" on both.

Is there a need to open up the remote itself and search for more info on its board?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. The useful number is URC602220-00R00, which should be the model and revision number of the remote. The one starting S3F80 identifies the processor, which I had already deduced. The board may say JP1.3, which is the interface type of an older series of remotes that use the same processor, but the raw download shows that this is actually JP1.4.

There is no need to attempt to open up the remote, at least at present, as that is usually pretty difficult to do and may not help a lot, but we do need to find out as much as possible about it. The nearest I can find on a Google search is this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TVonics-Brand-New-URC60220R00-09-Remote-Control-DTR-FP2500-Z500-9RC32C-1095-/272272019682

Does it look like this one? Is it TVonics? Where did you get it from? Was it supplied with some equipment or did you buy it separately? Do you have an instruction manual? If so, what is the name, make or model shown on the manual? All this will help us to get started.
steamchute2k

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks exactly like the one in the ebay listing, except some buttons are marked differently due to branding from the cable TV provider I got it from: HOT Telecom.

I found a picture of it using google and got to this page:

https://slingbox.fandom.com/wiki/Skin.hotremote

and there are files on that page (.SPR, .XAP, .PL, .RV) that could possibly help.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to have both remotes:

The HOT was from Israel and had Hebrew symbols. Don't have remotes anymore. Sad It was the first UEI made remote I owned that had preset code Panasonic dvd remote code 3.

The picture was taken for thread on remote central back 2012:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/manuals/thread.cgi?keywords=69&highlight=edmund
steamchute2k

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
I use to have both remotes:

The HOT was from Israel and had Hebrew symbols. Don't have remotes anymore. Sad It was the first UEI made remote I owned that had preset code Panasonic dvd remote code 3.

The picture was taken for thread on remote central back 2012:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/manuals/thread.cgi?keywords=69&highlight=edmund

I actually have another type of JP1 remote from HOT, the HOT Wave, which uses RF to control the set top box and IR to control the TV/aux, but it's not a learning remote so I doubt there's any interest in uploading a raw read of it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steamchute2k wrote:
I actually have another type of JP1 remote from HOT, the HOT Wave, which uses RF to control the set top box and IR to control the TV/aux, but it's not a learning remote so I doubt there's any interest in uploading a raw read of it.

Not all the remotes we deal with have learning capability, so that is not necessarily true. But let us get the present one sorted out first before thinking about this other one. I've not had much time today but will try to get back to you tomorrow about it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@steamchute2k:

I have sent you a PM (personal message) about the RDF. As you are a new user, you may not look out for them. You can see your PMs by clicking on the middle item of the middle row of the three-line menu at the top of each forum page.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@steamchute2k

Please see the PM that I posted for you on Sunday.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread but before I start a new one, I just wondered if any progress was made on this?

I have just got a very similar remote with code number URC60221R00-02. It looks like the grey/silver pic shown on the left further up the thread and when I try to download from the remote it gives the message "No RDF matches signature starting 1095".

If no progress was made I am happy to put together the required RAW download data etc, but thought I would check first in case there were already some test files I could try as a starting point.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A remote with a signature starting 1095 will have a different processor from one starting 3280, so there will be little in common internally despite them having the same outward appearance. A new RDF will need to be created from scratch even if there are still files related to the 3280 one.
GeoffT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the update.

I have collected some data for it in a zip file and posted it in the Diagnostics Area.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26797
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: