JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Recovering from Overflow, RMIR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Recovering from Overflow, RMIR Reply with quote

It seems this bug has been fixed at least twice before.

I have a fairly packed IR file for an 8810, there are still about 64 bytes left. When I pull it into RMIR I now have -126 bytes available. It asks me to start deleting stuff, so I deleted a few upgrades, and I get down to 178 bytes free, but the macros and keymove area still has +58, it would seem that most of these things should disappear.

My IR file is here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25593

Opens fine in IR and works fine in the remote, but I can't find a way to get it into RMIR.

EDIT: Turns out that two of the protcols were pumped up
LKP/DKP is no longer the LKP/DKP protocol.

Sony Combo CUSTOM was a small executor that made to fit.

They are huge. But there is no Hex to remerge the extender, so removing LKP/DKP is not an option!!!!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't replied before. This is on my to-do list but at present I am tied up with support for the URC-7935 streamer remote. To support it fully, I am needing to make a number of additions to the RDF syntax and that is time-consuming. And it is ages since I looked at the code for overflow handling in JP1.x remotes so it will take time to get back into that frame of thinking, too.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, I have at last fixed this bug, or more correctly two related bugs. The main one was that RMIR was not reading the .ir file correctly. I don't think RMIR would have had an overflow problem with files that it had created itself, but its overflow support was not as optimised as that of IR.exe and this was an optimised file that RMIR could not read correctly. It read several upgrade protocols in as being longer than they should have been and so when it came to recreating the E2 data, they would not all fit. When I fixed that, RMIR fitted everything in and left the same amount of free space as IR.exe but that free space was distributed differently. More was in the upgrade section and less in the advanced codes section, so it would have held fewer key moves and/or macros than the way IR.exe did it. I've fixed that as well, so the free space is now exactly as IR.exe has it.

The fixed version is development build 11 of RMIR v2.07 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. Please give it a try and let me know if it is OK now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: