JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Guest users are not listed. Please, help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fmp

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Guest users are not listed. Please, help! Reply with quote

Not sure if this is a proper forum or not but I didn't obtain support from Slingbox official page.

I'm not able to list the guest users I created in the past in the SETTINGS>ADD/REMOVE GUESTS section from my Slingbox 500 website profile.
The guest users are perfectly functional. They can access and watch the device connected to my slingbox.
Please, I need help to fix this issue. I'm not able to control the guest accounts created and with access to my slingbox.

Is there an alternative to that section?
Thanks in advance.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone here will be able to help with this or not. The primary purpose of the JP1-Slingbox forum is to help folks create bin files to make their Slingboxes simulate a specific remote control, because Slingbox uses the same remote control processor as JP1 remotes. So, most of the folks here are JP1 experts, not Slingbox experts.

Our main Slingbox expert is Alan Richey, so he's the only one likely to know the answer.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, absolutely no idea. My expertise is only with remotes, the rest is a complete mystery.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, do you know which Slingbox forums are still active where he could ask this question?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None that I aware of. Once Sling stopped production of the boxes they also withdrew all support. PlaceShifters has also closed down.
fmp

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan, Rob for your replies.

I'm trying to contact Slingbox staff but I don't find an email neither a section in their website to ask them this. If you know a way, please let me know.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They never had an e-mail, they forced you to phone and pay $30 for the support. 1-866-974-2570.
fmp

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised What a strange support service strategy. It seems they are in transition to closing the company.

In that case, one more question please for both:

Is there any alternative device/service to Slingbox? I own several now and I need to buy some more, but with these circumstances I think that investing more money in Slingbox is a risk.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 10 Best SlingBox Alternatives https://bestviva.net/best-slingbox-alternatives/ (Google is always the answer Very Happy )
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try removing slingbox 500 from your account and resetting the slingbox 500. I used to find that guest account in my slingbox profile was corrupted and showed unrecognized letters. I solved it by my above suggested method.

I suspect this happens often if one records stream with fmttg and perl script.
fmp

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your answers.

I'll try the reset of the devices to solve the current issue but for next purchases maybe I have to change slingbox for other solutions. However, in spite of the options found in Google, none of them provides the full of features that slingbox does in an only one device.

If someone discovers any alternative to slingbox, please notify me! I'll really appreciate that!!
chuliu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fmp wrote:
Thanks guys for your answers.

I'll try the reset of the devices to solve the current issue but for next purchases maybe I have to change slingbox for other solutions. However, in spite of the options found in Google, none of them provides the full of features that slingbox does in an only one device.

If someone discovers any alternative to slingbox, please notify me! I'll really appreciate that!!

I am stuck on slingbox because of tech ability. If you are tech enough, you can try hdmi encoder, which takes hdmi inputs and streams them in the form of http or other formats. Users are not limited to one user. You can change channel by other means like with arduino or ir toy v2 with irscritinizer software. I am not sure if hdmi encoder comes with its own solution to using ir signal to switch channels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: