JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR cannot create a new remote image for this remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tls1

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: RMIR cannot create a new remote image for this remote Reply with quote

Hi,

I have several ARRX15G remotes. A hile back I programmed one and it was fine. Now I want to create a new image and when I try to select the remote type ARRX15G or ARRX1G I get a popup with "RMIR cannot create a new remote image for this remote".

The ARRX12G and ARRX06G can create an image but when I try to upload I get a different popup with a "..signature of the attached remote does not match the signature you are trying to upload...". If I click upload I get a popup "Error uploading to remote".

Here is help about... its a dell windows 10 64 bit windows machine which I used a while back just fine. Same problem with RemoteMaster v2.07 build 2

RemoteMaster v2.06 build 5
Written primarily by Greg Bush with substantial additions and help from Graham Dixon
Additional help was provided by:
John S Fine, Nils Ekberg, Jon Armstrong, Robert Crowe, Mark Pauker, Mark Pierson, Mike England
RDFs loaded from C:\rm\RDF
Images and Maps loaded from C:\rm\Images
DecodeIR version 2.45
Interfaces:
JP1.X Serial version 0.22
CommHID version 1.0
JP1 USB version 0.031
JPS version 0.1
JP1 Parallel version 0.12
System Properties:
java.version = "1.8.0_201"
java.vendor = "Oracle Corporation"
os.name = "Windows 10"
os.arch = "amd64"
Libraries loaded from C:\rm\Windows-amd64

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Terry
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is never a good idea to use RMIR to create a new image for ANY remote. That is why you get a warning message when you try. But for the XSight remotes, not only is it not a good idea, it cannot be done. However, the images of an ARRX12G and ARRX15G are compatible. The two remotes have different signatures, which is why you get a warning message about uploading from one to the other, but it is safe to do so. If you tell it to upload anyway it should work.

If you get an upload error when you try this, I suggest you try downloading from one of these remotes and then immediately uploading it again. This will tell whether the upload problem arises from the two remotes being different, or whether you have a more general upload problem. If that upload fails, post the rmaster.err file from your RMIR installation folder for us to look at.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, are you sure about the 12G and 15G being identical? I think you meant to say the 15 and 18. The 12 is very different from those.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed . Yes, it is the 15G and 18G that are identical, not the 12G and 15G. The ARRX12G setup is NOT compatible with the ARRX15G and should NOT be uploaded into it. MANY APOLOGIES.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, your version of RMIR is out of date, the current version is 2.07 build 2.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry, none of us have asked the obvious question: why do you want to create a new image for an ARRX15G? The normal use of RMIR is to download an existing setup, modify it and upload the result. If you really want to get rid of what is currently in the remote and start again, then do a factory reset before that initial download. If we know why you want to do it, we may be able to help you better.
tls1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: