JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung GX-PC4312H - need codes in Pronto Hex format
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jksmurf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Samsung GX-PC4312H - need codes in Pronto Hex format Reply with quote

Hi,

Apologies, am a wee bit overwhelmed by this whole remote codes thing. I have a Samsung STB whose codes appear in the forums here and I have downloaded both RMDU and BIN formats (thanks go to the work of others).

I understand RMDU is remote master format and bin is for slingshot devices.

I have tried (using IrScrutinizer) to open one of these files to then simply export it as a Pronto format txt file for my HTPC software.

I selected the IMPORT Tab, then REMOTEMASTER (this is for rmdb files, I cannot find a Tab to import BIN Files?).

I then selected Import All and got a message "Import was successful with 46 Signals(s). Jump to Panel? Pressing OK gives me a table.

On the EXPORT Tab I have (already) setup the Export Dir, AutoFile Names, Selected Text. I am not sure what else for Pronto Codes but I chose Pronto Hex and sendir 3.

Back on the Tab with the Table, I select EXPORT:

I get the messages "Some Signals Erroeneous" and "UnassignedException:Parameter 'D' has not been assigned.

The generated text file is empty.
I am really not sure what to do next please?

Thank you,

Kristian
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kristian and welcome to the forum!!

This is actually described in the manual as well as the tutorial.

Quote:

[RMDU files are] ... "Device upgrades" configuration files for different remotes manufactured by UEI (Universal Electronics), meant to be maintained by the program RemoteMaster. This means that the "protocol" used in a device upgrade can sometimes be hard to understand. The "protocol" in a device upgrade does not quite correspond to the meaning of "protocol" in IrScrutinizer and DecodeIR, rather it is a an executor, either built-in in the UEI remote, or a custom protocol, which is a small machine code chunk contained in the device upgrade, particular to the very microprocessor of the remote. In these cases, either an instance of that processor, or an emulator for it, would be required to faithfully render the signal. Fortunately, this is not always the case, and the contained protocols can be mapped onto the known IR protocols easily. Having said that, the RemoteMaster import facility is by necessity limited and incomplete.

So, in the table, you have to complete the imported signals manually, if necessary fill in a protocol and necessary parameters. If you need help (it can be nontrivial...) post the details and we will help you.

Quote:

I get the messages "Some Signals Erroeneous"

this is probably harmless,
Quote:

and "UnassignedException:Parameter 'D' has not been assigned.

a protocol is missing the D parameters, which you then have to give manually, as per above.

To my knowledge, there is no program available that decodes *.bin files.
jksmurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Hi Kristian and welcome to the forum!!

Thank you Smile

Barf wrote:
This is actually described in the ... manuals
Oops...sorry. I did try to read it but like I said, it's pretty overwhelming.

Barf wrote:
So, in the table, you have to complete the imported signals manually, if necessary fill in a protocol and necessary parameters. If you need help (it can be nontrivial...) post the details and we will help you. !
I have no idea about protocol needed but I did read NEC1.

It's actually a STB for IPTV (for an HTPC). What I did in the end was pull out my Global Cache iTach (never used) and learnt the codes with HEX output and pasted them one by one into a txt file (Icouldn't work out how to make a single file, so did them one by one). So now I have an IR defintion file in Pronto (I hope), will try that first and come back if I need more help.

Cheers

k.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrScrutinizer supports the iTach directly, both sending and learning. It blows iLearn away. So no need to cut-n-paste.
jksmurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
IrScrutinizer supports the iTach directly, both sending and learning. It blows iLearn away. So no need to cut-n-paste.

Hmm; I did actually use IrScrutinizer to learn but when I selected edit on each learned set of codes, then saved it, it saved one button, but didn't seem to add to the list. Never mind, all I needed was 0~9 and OK Smile.

Thanks again

k.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which RMDU file were you trying to convert?
jksmurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

Appreciate you trying to help out, thanks a lot. Great forum!

The files I managed to find that match my STB model are these:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14150

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14151

Cheers

Kristian
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those 2 files are identical to each other. I'd also be shocked if neither model wasn't already in the GC database. Just create an account if you haven't already, pick the brand/model, and click - email codes. In a few seconds, you'll have all the pronto hex in an email.
https://irdb.globalcache.com/Home/Database

To do it with Scrutinizer, fill in D and S as Barf said - specifically, R-click in the blank D column, Advanced - Set D, enter 64. Then R-click in the blank S column, Advanced - Set S, enter 80. Then go to Export tab, select TEXT export format, check Pronto Hex, then press Export param. remote, then Open last file.

Last edited by mdavej on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jksmurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Those 2 files are identical to each other. I'd also be shocked if neither model wasn't already in the GC database. Just create an account if you haven't already, pick the brand/model, and click - email codes. In a few seconds, you'll have all the pronto hex in an email.
https://irdb.globalcache.com/Home/Database
Already have an account and I had actually asked, and while there are GX-prefixed Samsung STBs, none of them has the PCxxxx designation.

I asked GC this:
Quote:
My second question concerns the database for IR Files; I am looking for one for a STB Samsung GX-PC4312H. Do you happen to have this, it is not in the database. I have found some bin and RMDU files from JP remotes if it can be converted?

GC responded thus:
Quote:
I do not see that particular model in our database. However, there are several other device models in the "GX-??" family. Often times manufacturers re-use IR codes from product to product so it is fairly likely that you'll be able to find the codes for your device in one of the other GX codesets.

mdavej wrote:
To do it with Scrutinizer, fill in D and S as Barf said - specifically, R-click in the blank D column, Advanced - Set D, enter 64. Then R-click in the blank S column, Advanced - Set S, enter 80. Then go to Export tab, select TEXT export format, check Pronto Hex, then press Export param. remote, then Open last file. This is the result:

Awesome! Thank you. I tried this myself just now and it did indeed work well. Thanks again for your patience. I did get a Warning "WARNING: Parameter `param0' unknown in ParameterSpecs." but the export worked anyway.

For next time, is there a source for D and S parameters for various devices? i.e. in this instance, how do you know D and S are 64 and 80?

I read from http://www.harctoolbox.org/IrScrutinizer.html that "Almost all protocols have a "device number" called "D". Many protocols have a "sub-device" number, called "S"", but a google search on e.g. iscrutinizer list device D and sub-device S parameters infrared yields little by way of a Device and Sub-Device Database?

If I go to http://www.irdb.tk/db/ and type in Samsung I get AirCons, VCRs, TVs and projectors with various D and S Codes, but no STBs.

No biggy, I have the Codes to try but it would be interesting (also for others?)

Cheers

k.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I did get a Warning "WARNING: Parameter `param0' unknown in ParameterSpecs." but the export worked anyway.

It can be ignored. (Actually, here it is param0 is = D, and param1 = S.)

Quote:

For next time, is there a source for D and S parameters for various devices? i.e. in this instance, how do you know D and S are 64 and 80?

In general, it is on the "Setup" pane on Remotemaster. Here, it is also available as param0 and param1.

Quote:

"Almost all protocols have a "device number" called "D". Many protocols have a "sub-device" number, called "S"", but a google search on e.g. iscrutinizer list device D and sub-device S parameters infrared yields little by way of a Device and Sub-Device Database?

Possibly I should change it to '"Almost all protocols have a "device number" which we call "D"'. The terminology is not standard...

Quote:

If I go to http://www.irdb.tk/db/ and type in Samsung I get AirCons, VCRs, TVs and projectors with various D and S Codes, but no STBs.

Feel free to submit it. Simon (probono here in forum) will be happy.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at the (first of) the files you referenced. Turned out that it is NEC1, which the IrScrutinizer importer is supposed to understand, that is, import fully automatic, without many need to fill in D and S. I fired up the debugger, found and fixed a problem.

A fixed version is available here.
jksmurf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
I took a look at the (first of) the files you referenced. Turned out that it is NEC1, which the IrScrutinizer importer is supposed to understand, that is, import fully automatic, without many need to fill in D and S. I fired up the debugger, found and fixed a problem.

A fixed version is available here.

Wow; just wow. You're awesome - cheers.
If you like I have another (somewhat repeatable glitch that I couldn't see had been reported when it took me to github). When I was learning, if I pressed the keys quickly (or maybe my hands shook) it froze after about 2 or 3 buttons worth of learning codes. Will need to reconnect the Flex and do it again for you (unless this is a known issue).
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear Cool

Quote:

When I was learning, if I pressed the keys quickly (or maybe my hands shook) it froze after about 2 or 3 buttons worth of learning codes. Will need to reconnect the Flex and do it again for you (unless this is a known issue).

If you can reproduce and describe in detail I will surely look at it. Please turn on Options -> verbose.
jksmurf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Feel free to submit it. Simon (probono here in forum) will be happy.

Done. Separate email.

k.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't there used to be a list of Pronto hex in this thread?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: