JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Copy/clone config to different type of remote ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
te36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Copy/clone config to different type of remote ? Reply with quote

How would go about trying to copy the config of one remote to another type ?
I have a URC 6430 and a URC 6540. Trying to copy settings.bin without RM just using the mounted file system from the remote did (of course ?) render a non-functional remote. Luckily this could be fixed by restoring the original (empty) settings.bin. Same thing happened using RM.

I guess i could try to configure all the same things manually on the second remote that i see in the first one, but that sounds cumbersome and i can not even start RM two times to be able to look up the original remote config while configuring the same on the second remote.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the one you want to copy in RMIR, open and save each device as its own RM file. Open your new remote beside, and add each of the devices you just saved. Remake your macros and key moves from scratch by having your source and destination open at the same time.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to open as many simultaneous RMIR and RM sessions as you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: