JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jetstream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff2525

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Jetstream Reply with quote

1. Device: JetStream Android TV
2. Type of device: Android TV Streaming Device
3. Year: 2019
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: One-For-All OARUSB04G
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? No (Not sure where that is, sorry)
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? Yes

Hello,

I came here a few years ago (Xiaomi Mi Box) and you all were so helpful that I thought I might be able to get help again. Hopefully I'm not pushing my luck with getting help.

I will be honest, everything about remote IR codes confuse me, but this should be an easier endeavor than the Mi Box because I already have some codes and it am not starting from scratch.

-

The Jetstream Streaming Box uses the same codes as a company called "Telkom" with device model called "TVB-100".
I am looking to see if there are any additional codes.

I noticed that the remote had IR buttons (included below) that were not in Logitech's Telkom database (also included below). I assume the used codes are pretty widespread and generic because as I was using my remote- and to my surprise- my space heater turned on. So thats a 3rd company that uses those same codes... at least that I know of.

Logitech has the codes for Telkom and the included remote had IR, and I was able teach my All-in-One remote with them and then upload them into Remote Master.

What I get is:

Quote:
    Button Size Freq. Protocol Device OBC Hex Command
    Up, 22 38338 NEC1 8 0, FF
    Down, 46 38095 NEC1 8 1, 7F
    Right, 46, 38461, NEC1, 8, 2, BF
    Left, 46, 38461, NEC1, 8, 3, 3F
    Pause, 47, 38461, NEC1, 8, 7, 1F
    Power, 46, 37974, NEC1, 8, 10, AF
    Stop, 47, 38338, NEC1, 8, 11, 2F
    Menu, 47, 38461, NEC1, 8, 12, CF
    #0, 47, 38461, NEC1, 8, 16, F7
    #1, 46, 38216, NEC1, 8, 17, 77
    #2, 47, 38338, NEC1, 8, 18, B7
    #3, 47, 38216, NEC1, 8, 19, 37
    #4, 51, 38095, NEC, 8, 20, D7
    #5, 47, 38216, NEC1, 8, 21, 57
    #6, 41, 38338, NEC2, 8, 22, 97
    #7, 47, 38216, NEC1, 8, 23, 17
    #8, 46, 38461, NEC1, 8, 24, E7
    #9, 47, 38216, NEC1, 8, 25, 67
    Menu2, 23, 38461, NEC1, 8, 26, A7
    Back, 41, 38216, NEC2, 8, 28, C7
    Enter, 46, 38338, NEC1, 8, 31, 07
    RW, 46, 38216, NEC1, 8, 68, DD
    FF, 47, 38095, NEC1, 8, 69, 5D
    ShortCut, 46, 38095, NEC1, 8, 77, 4D
    ShortCut, 46, 37974, NEC1, 8, 78, 8D
    ShortCut, 46, 37974, NEC1, 8, 79, 0D
    PageU, 46, 38216, NEC1, 8, 81, 75
    PageD, 46, 38338, NEC1, 8, 82, B5
    Info, 41, 38095, NEC2, 8, 102, 99

I notice that command for the number "4" is NEC, and a few are a mix of NEC1 and NEC2

My question is how do I get Remote Master setup so that I can test all possible codes? And Do I have to do it 3 times for each of the Protocols?

I figure I need to do "new device" and "NEC1" protocol, but the rest I can't wrap my head around.

If I can be so bold to ask if someone could create a file I can load onto my remote from Remote Master so that I can test each possible button, that would be great. Someone was kind enough to do that with the Mi Box, however if that is too much work (very understandable), could you point me in the direction to set it up properly so that I can test them.

Thanks

Oh, and I don't mind testing 300 or whatever buttons, so no warning about that is needed Smile
    The Robman
    Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious, if you have the original Jetstream remote, why didn't you learn the buttons from that, rather than the Harmony?

The fact that you are getting a mix of NEC, NEC1 and NEC2 is most likely the result of poor learning techniques, it's very unlikely that the remote is really sending all 3 protocols (and NEC without a number isn't a real protocol anyway). If I could see your RMIR file with the learns in it, I could make a better guess.

For RM, you need to select NEC1 and enter a device code of 8, then enter the OBCs in the functions tab, then assign functions to buttons in the Buttons tab.
    Jeff2525

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
    I'm curious, if you have the original Jetstream remote, why didn't you learn the buttons from that, rather than the Harmony?

I did both. The Harmony had the majority of the buttons, however not all of them that were on the original Jetstream remote. Those were 3 shortcut buttons and a second menu button. So I took the harmony to teach those available and then used the Jetstream remote to teach the additional ones.

The reason I am looking for additional codes are because there are some buttons that maybe filled in (like there is a Pause, but no Play button).

Also I look for commands that can be read but are not currently in use by the device. For me, those commands are gold because with a 3rd party app, I can map them as app shortcuts (For example, I can map one to open up the Live TV app).

Also, curiosity plays a roll. It is weird, but I do enjoy finding hidden things... even if the hidden thing ends up being pointless and stupid.

Quote:
    The fact that you are getting a mix of NEC, NEC1 and NEC2 is most likely the result of poor learning techniques, it's very unlikely that the remote is really sending all 3 protocols (and NEC without a number isn't a real protocol anyway). If I could see your RMIR file with the learns in it, I could make a better guess.

I will try re-learning them, I probably screwed it up. I also uploaded the RMIR file (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25519) I was unsure where to upload it, so I did it under misc. I hope that was OK.

Quote:
    For RM, you need to select NEC1 and enter a device code of 8, then enter the OBCs in the functions tab, then assign functions to buttons in the Buttons tab.

Thank you I will give that a shot. OBC should just be 1-255, correct?

Thank you again.

Edited to correct info
    The Robman
    Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's definitely learning technique, these should all be NEC1 signals. I have created a standard upgrade including the buttons that you learned, and I created a 2nd upgrade which has many of the gap OBCs in it. There are still more OBCs that you could try as I've only gone up to about 100, but I'm betting that any other functions will be in the ones I coded for.

I have added both upgrades to your RMIR file (regular on the STB button, test upgrade on the AUDIO button) and zipped them all together and replaced your file with the zip file, so use the link that you posted.

I also move the file to the Diagnosis Area which is where we put this sort of thing.

So next step, test the upgrade on the STB button to confirm that it works as expected. Then, test the upgrade on the AUDIO button to see if any of the buttons do anything. If any of them do, make a note of which button on the remote it was and what function it performed, then come back to the RM file that I included and see what OBC was assigned to that button. Once you have a list of new functions, you can then add them to the first RM file.

If you don't know how, just post the results here and I'll do it.
    Jeff2525

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much.

I did find that OBC 13 was a mute button, 88 and 93 were volume, and 79 was a Google Play App Shortcut.

I do have a question, however. The Setup Code for Audio is 2001 and the Setup Code for STB is 2000. Why are they different and how do I know what code I would use for, say, TV or DVD?

Is it just random, but they can't be the same? Or do you have to use a specific number for each of the Setup Codes?

Also, I will input some more numbers. Do I just type in "102" in the OCB column of a new row and it will autofill the right numbers?
    mdavej
    Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setup codes are arbitrary, within a certain range. Really huge numbers aren't allowed. If you happen to pick something that conflicts with a built-in code, yours wins.

Yes, if you type in the OBC, it will auto-fill. Just enter your own name and assign to a button.
    The Robman
    Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setup code numbers are random and meaningless for upgrades. Back at the company they keep track of which numbers they've already used as they use them in the User Manuals, but we don't keep track of what numbers people have used for upgrades.

Yes, just create new lines, enter the function name and enter the OBC, the rest will get filled in automatically.

I have created an official upgrade for this now. You didn't say which volume buttons were which (ie, VOL+ vs VOL-) so I guessed VOL+ = 93 and VOL- = 88, but I could have it backwards.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25520
    Jeff2525

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the support here. I found all the codes for the JetStream and have posted it here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25521

I did it under the Diagnosis Area because you may want to check it to make sure I didn't screw up the save and upload. I tried to be as descriptive as I could for it.

Quote:
    I have created an official upgrade for this now. You didn't say which volume buttons were which (ie, VOL+ vs VOL-) so I guessed VOL+ = 93 and VOL- = 88, but I could have it backwards

I believe you chose correctly. Either way, everything in that file I uploaded should be right now and also it should just have the JetStream on it (I made another RMIR/Bin of the JetStream with my TV commands).

Again, Thank you Robman and mdavej. Please let me know if everything is OK with the file I uploaded.[/quote]
    The Robman
    Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I checked your file. You loaded your RMIR file instead of your RMDU file, so I re-created the RMDU file and loaded it up on my link.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: