JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Humax ESD-160C Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slinger90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan

Oh man I'm soooo sorry for all the inconveniences I brought to you. You were right from the very beginning. I wasn't refusing to answer those 12 questions, I simply didn't get your hint Embarassed My school english seems to be not that good. It has been question nr. 11 that brought the solution. When I resettet my Slingbox completely and made the whole installation once again everything worked great. Now I know why it's so important to read the instructions COMPLETELY. I am very ambarraassed abou that. I didn't want to make such a big fuss. SORRY! You can consider this topic solved.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Slinger for finally getting it sorted.

You have to understand Alan's position, he has taken on the thankless task of helping other Slingers get their Slingboxes working, and I have done similar work helping folks find codes for their remotes, so I know where he's coming from.

Over time, we have both worked out a series of questions that eliminate all the guesswork, the problem is getting folks to actually answer the questions. The favorite response is "I tried the file and it didn't work" where the user expects us to figure out WHY it didn't work.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case Closed Very Happy
matteosilv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, i am new to the forum. i just wanted to ask, do you believe that the humax esi-160 distributed by sky italy, that is pretty much identical to the esd-160s and has also an apparently identical remote, has the same codes? i’m about to ask the provider the upgrade to it, but i’m afraid i will not be able to find remote files for my sling box
Slinger90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@matteosilv I have good news for you. I installed the remote file for the Humax ESI-160 on my Logitech Harmony One and found out that it‘s identical to the german Model ESD-160C/S. So you can upgrade your Sky Box without hesitation. I would recommend you to download the .bin file Sky Q Box with no repeat from http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14466. But you will also need a HDMI Splitter and a HDMI to Component (YPbPr) Converter to get your slingbox working, because the new Sky Q Box only has one HDMI output and doesn’t provide a Composite Output like the previous model. Hope that this helps Wink
matteosilv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slinger90

Thank you a lot! Surely this helped! I requested the upgrade. I was already in HDMI+splitter in the old one, so I'll be already set upgrade, as soon as the decoder arrives
garlandpr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matteosilv:
I am also in the process of ordering Sky Q box for the living room and a Sky Q Mini for the bedroom, I currently have the MySky HD Italia and with another MySky HD Italia for multivision.
I was curious to know if the remote codes are working ok with both SKY Q boxes (main & mini) and also how the remote looks like (picture of it).

Thank you very much.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can’t comment on whether it works with both, but no-one has ever mentioned it so I assume it will. Sling have not provided a realistic image so it will look like the generic one.
MnM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:53 am    Post subject: Massive thank you to you guys! Reply with quote

I have a slingbox M1 and I just got my sky Q mini (multiroom Ireland) slinging away.
I was a little scared downloading custom remotes to the slingbox etc sounded quite technical but your instructions were excellent and everything worked perfectly almost immediately (couple of restarts)
Thanks a million Smile you guys are the best!!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, glad we could help
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: