JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DirecTV info of interest to HR2x users

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: DirecTV info of interest to HR2x users Reply with quote

I recently got a new TIVO and decided to redo all my programming on my RCRP05B remotes. I had an interesting issue with DirecTV, and this might be of interest of DirecTV users.

I have two DirecTV DVRs in my family room which are set to device 1 and device 3. The device codes I was using were old, old enough that I don't even remember exactly where they came from originally, but they worked correctly. When I decided to redo the remotes, I decided to look for new device upgrades and found the zip file by mdavej with all 8 different D* upgrade codes. I decided I would use that.

I quickly found one problem, not a really big deal but one I couldn't figure out. On the remote previously when I hit the 30 sec slip button mult times, the times would just add up. E.g, hitting the device 6 times on the HR44 would go immediately to 3 minutes or on the HR24 go to the number 6. Using the devices from mdavej after two presses, the DVRs would stop accepting additional ones until they had processed these two presses. I could then do it again, but again, it would only accept two inputs. Basically I could only skip ahead a minute at a time. This was a pain in the neck when I was fast forwarding multiple presses such as during commercial breaks.

If I went back to the old device codes, it would work normally, and I could not figure out what was going on.

I was going crazy trying to figure out why until I just now looked at the actual EFCs from the two different device upgrades. On the old ones which work as they should, the forward skip is 00123, while there are two different ones in mdavej's upgrade are 00171 or 00179. The skip back had a similar issue. My correctly functioning skip back is 00131, while mdavej's is 00211 or 00187.

I thought this would be useful for anyone using those upgrade codes and maybe mdavej would change the file to include these codes which at least in my experience work better.

I do, however, greatly appreciate all the work he and others have put in in creating these device upgrades.

SMK
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: