JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

new trial of RMIR with strange issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: new trial of RMIR with strange issue Reply with quote

I have started using RMIR to program my RCRP05B. This is the RMIR for the problem below:

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25498

The devices include two different direcTV receivers, a TIVO, a Panasonic BD player, Sony TV, and on dev4 a Denon receiver.

There are also 5 simple macros which just switch the Denon receiver to the correct input and then switch to that device. These are along the next to bottom row and the fifth is on the "input" button. This macro changes to the TIVO device.

The devices seem to work normally with one very strange issue on the DirecTV device on the DVR button. When I push the "input" button, instead of having the macro work, the DirecTV receiver cycles through the different available formats (the DVR not the TV). There is no format control in the upgrade device, and I have not put anything in the input button as a "key move."

If I switch to the other DirecTV receiver on the CBL device button, which uses the same upgrade except for a different device number, the input device button works as the macro as it should.

Even crazier is that if I use the 9-7-6 setup code to clear the input button in the DVR device, when I press the input key, the macro then works.

I don't understand this and if someone could explain it to me, I'd appreciate it.

SMK
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew this was going to do something dumb. I just looked at my RMIR file again and saw along the bottom there were learned signals. I didn't learn any signals to this remote, but somehow they were there including a "format" command on the "input" button. When I removed the learned signals, all the buttons worked as they should.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

SMK
bevhoward

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just debugging something that sounds similar.

The bottom line was that there were two commands in the same device definition with the same code.

I found it by toggling the "functions" tab to sort the functions using the OBC values.

It was then easy to spot the duplicate command entries by viewing the number sequence in that column.

Beverly Howard

Just saw your "find" Hope my post might help in a future case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: