JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for some help please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sti491

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Looking for some help please! Reply with quote

Hi. I am taking my previously Spectrum Cable oriented JP1 file and attempting to modify it by adding Roku Ultra as the cable device replacing Spectrum Cable, who I have cut ties with. My Sound Bar, Visio TV, Apple TV and everything else remains the same.

So I downloaded the Roku upgrade and got it loaded. Everything works except the "OK" button.

Then I learned the "OK" button from the OEM Roku Ultra remote, using another RCA remote I have. I was going to just copy the learned code to the upgrade, but I am struggling because it shows the codes as **multiple**... I did figure out how to see each of two sets of codes that were learned, but can't seem to successfully replace the non-working codes correctly. Here are both my files that I uploaded to the diagnostic section:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25477

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25478

Mdavej and others have been kind enough to help me before... thanks in advance for rescuing me again if possible!
sti491

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. After trying manny different approaches to get this to work including trying different Roku upgrades, learning the codes then making a new device, and using key moves all to no avail, I tried that remote with my Apple TV and also in my Visio mode. The "OK" button didn't work there either.

The OK button is broken on that remote. I got a good 4 years or so out of it so no complaints, but what a weird coincidence for it to go bad right when I was reprogramming it for my new Roku/Hulu set-up. Very strange timing.

I just uploaded my file into the RCA I had ben using for learning, activated the extender... and al buttons work great including "Ok".

Problem solved. Now all I wish is I had a button function for Tablo... I'll do a macro for that I guess since no reply to that post request.

Thanks to those that viewed my post in an attempt to help.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. Your file looked fine to me. So I was drawing a blank.
sti491

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for looking. I'm a 65 year old McGyver style DIYer shade tree mechanic. It is pretty rare when you are fixing something, then it doesn't start up, and eventually through process of elimination and trial and error you discover it is something completely unrelated to what you are working on. Almost never happens that way. This time it did, sort of maybe.

I had only used my Extended RCA remote to start to my system since I bought my Roku stick. Then I used the Roku remote for everything except volume, and my RCA for volume only which controls my sound bar, because the Roku remote only controls the TV volume.

Then with your help I found out the Roku Stick is RF only, and waited for the Black Friday sale to get a Roku Ultra. So I have not used the OK button on my RCA for a couple months. The OK button could have broke anytime since I cut the cord with Spectrum. My old RCA gets dropped, stepped and sat on sometimes, so it's not surprising.

I got no answers to my post request for a Tablo function for my Roku Ultra device mdavej. I am actually using the Roku Ultra device upgrade now, not the Roku Official. Is that because Roku never made a remote with a button for Tablo, that someone made into a JP1 file? Am I right in thinking the only way I can do that is with a macro?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably correct about Tablo. You’ll have to use a macro. But they add new functions all the time. It just doesn’t exist right now. Move Tablo near the top to keep your macro short.
sti491

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I already did the Macro.

I don't understand what you mean by "move it closer to the top" to make it shorter. Can you please explain?

Thank you, Rob
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it where Netflix or PBS is in the pic below so you don't have so many step to arrow over to the app.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/12010442802/original/roku-activate-home-small.jpg?1475765926
sti491

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh, I get ya now. That is exactly where I have it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: