JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FTDI FT232RL & the dreaded "No remotes found!"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: FTDI FT232RL & the dreaded "No remotes found!" Reply with quote

9 months ago I had a similar issue with a cheap FTDI FT232RL.

Well I bought 2 more of these (Thinking the first one was a dud) but from a different seller and neither of the newly purchased ones work.

One is identified as a PL2303HXD even though I ordered from the listing that stated FTDI and the RX & TX LEDS are missing

It is the same issue Windows 10 will assign a VCP. I am selecting the right interface in RMIR, either "Auto-detect" or "JP1.X Serial" and then selecting the VCP that was assigned by the FTDI driver.

I wanted another cable because the pins on the only working one I have are getting loose plus, I bought two to give one to a friend (as he bought the one 9 months ago that never worked).

I did receive a refund from the seller who said I can keep the cables

So is there a way to get these to work? I have nothing to lose now except time which I have plenty of Smile

How to I tell if I received a counterfeit device?, and what (If any) is a good eBay listing for these devices?
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having a look. I have a lead that works, but I was hoping to find something I could post to this site.

There are a few that look physically similar to mine, in that the cover of the USB plug appears identical. That means nothing.

This one claims to be genuine FTDI chip.

When I bought my lead, I actually bought two different ones and the other one didn't work.

Maybe you can check out this one...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-6PIN-FTDI-FT232RL-USB-to-TTL-RS232-Serial-Adapter-Cable-for-Arduino-AVR/283484575969
ednedn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It maybe your problem can be solved by taking the steps used here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102235
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: