JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Medion MD 84017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aleksej

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Medion MD 84017 Reply with quote

1. Device: Medion MD 84017 (P66050)
2. Type of device: Internet/DAB+ Radio
3. Year: 2012
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC 7960
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? edit Yes, Medion MD 28008
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? n/a
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? n/a

Here's a link how the radio looks like: https://aldi.medion.com/md84017/ch_de/?refPage=aldi

Aleksej

Last edited by aleksej on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
aleksej

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been playing with the remote and I found out that the RM for Medion MD 28008 works partially. Vol up and down was ok, but other keys where somewhere else:

For instance,
Power on radio - is 9 key on RM
Mute - Teletext
Info - 5
Up - Yellow
Down - 8
OK - 7
Menu - 1
Back - Guide

I found those, it gives basic functions but is far from 100%, anyone has any ideas where to go from here?

Aleksej
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, so basically, you've found what protocol and device codes it uses (ie, NEC1, dev 0) from the Medion MD 28008 RMDU file. To get the rest of the functions all you need to do is try all 256 possible button codes (OBCs). The simplest way to do this is to create a bunch of dummy upgrades that include all of those codes, in batches of about 40 OBCs at once, then load all these into your remote and test all the buttons to see what they do, then when you find a button that does something, make a note of what it is and come back to the relevant RM file to see what the OBC is. That way you can build up a complete new RM file for the device.
aleksej

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I did what you said, and everything works great. I've uploaded the RMDU file here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25470

Aleksej
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, was it fun? Were there any buttons that you couldn't find, and did you find any surprises (ie, buttons that don't exist on the original remote) ?

I just looked at your file and notice that there are lots of functions with OBC 0, what are these? Would I be right in assuming they're not needed and can be deleted from the RMDU file?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This this the remote that came with your device:

So, comparing the buttons in that image to the functions in your RMDU file, I see that some OBCs are used for several buttons, which I think is unlikely to be correct, and there are some buttons on the OEM remote that don't appear to be accounted for:

buttons:
128 standby / CH-
138 menu
133 info
130 ok/select
144 mute
148 vol+
149 vol-

missing buttons:
mode
sleep/snooze
left arrow
right arrow
skip+ / ffwd
skip- / rewind
play / pause
preset
alarm

new buttons:
141 Num 0 / Last Ch
129 Num 1 / down arrow
131 Num 2 / CH+ / Exit / Up arrow
140 Num 3
139 Num 4
142 Num 5
145 Num 6
132 Num 7
134 Num 8
135 Num 9
141 Last Ch
131 Exit
136 Guide
aleksej

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a beta version, I'm still trying to figure out how to map everything. The buttons on the remote except for skip+/- and right/left work, and are mapped to the number buttons.

In menu the right and left buttons serve no purpose and I have to find out what they do in other modes.

The problem I have is that there is no next station/previous station button. To change an internet station I have to hit preset (mapped to 0) then select a station by the up and down key and hit OK. I've tried to select a macro (0+UP+OK) for CH+ but when you hit preset it always starts with the first station selected (so it goes to station no 2).

I'm thinking of mapping macros to the number keys, so station 1 would be 0+OK, station 2 0+UP+OK, station 3 0+UP+UP+OK and so on. The other idea is to change where the station as listed in the menu, it is possible to do from a PC.

Once I have everything figured out I will post a much 'cleaner' RMDU file, but since my time is limited I'll do it over the weekend.

Aleksej
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to separate the raw capturing of the codes from how you intend to implement them on your remote.

Step 1 should be to capture all of the button codes and create the RMDU file. Of course, if you can't find a use for buttons like LEFT and RIGHT, it might be tricky to try and find them.

Step 2 should be deciding how best to make it work for you, with macros on the number buttons, etc. (Keep in mind that macros are global, so if you place them on the number buttons, they will override the numbers in all other modes too).
aleksej

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'll do when I have some free time, the RMDU file will be just the functions that work, I'm still trying to figure out how to change internet stations with just one button (it can be a macro - I'm planning to teach this macro to a cheap aliexpress remote which I ordered).

I'm using the radio in my bathroom, and it would be nice to have basic on/off vol+/- and ch+/- function on a simple 5 key learning remote. The problem is the preset function which selects first entry and no other hidden functions on the remote. Medion has dropped it's online editing and I can't switch the channel mode on the radio.

Aleksej
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get all the codes figured out, maybe the MX-200 is the remote you need for the bathroom. It's a learning remote so you can capture the signals from your JP1 remote.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153064684806

This was originally discussed here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101416
aleksej

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long, I've been busy. I have uploaded the v1. 2 RMDU file here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25470 which it has only the buttons that work and functions have correct names. I hope someone will find this helpful.

Aleksej
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: