JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharp DV-RW550U
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Sharp DV-RW550U Reply with quote

1. Device: Sharp DV-RW550U
2. Type of device: VCR/DVD Recorder
3. Year: 2005
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Nevo C2
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes VCR: 0048 DVD: 0630
10. Learning remote question? Yes
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? Don't have one of those

I was given a Sharp DV-RW550U VCR/DVD Recorder but I did not get the remote (Which is almost always the case Smile)

I found some codes that work but they are different protocols and I don't know how to create an upgrade with each deck using a different protocol (Sharp for the VCR part and Sharp DVD for the DVD part)

The OEM remote is model : 9HSNB130
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not uncommon for VCR/DVD combo units. Your best bet is to create 2 upgrades, one for the VCR and one for the DVD and program them to 2 different device buttons. After all, if you try to combine them, what will the PLAY button do, play the VCR or the DVD?

With older remotes, we could combine them using the Device Combiner protocol, but I don't believe that works on the Nevo.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
That's not uncommon for VCR/DVD combo units. Your best bet is to create 2 upgrades, one for the VCR and one for the DVD and program them to 2 different device buttons. After all, if you try to combine them, what will the PLAY button do, play the VCR or the DVD?

With older remotes, we could combine them using the Device Combiner protocol, but I don't believe that works on the Nevo.

Don't know why I did not think of that Mr. Green

I also have an RCA/Audiovox RCRP05BR and a bunch of other JP1 remotes (The Nevo C2 and the RCA are the only two I actually bought)

I have a Atlas OCAP URC-1056 a Charter URC-1060 and two of the older gray Comcast Xfinity ones URC-1067

About what will the play button do: On the original remote there is a button labeled DVD and another labeled VCR.

So I believe that would solve that problem as the unit will respond accordingly (Depending on which mode it is currently in be it DVD or VCR)
and play the selected deck
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but there's only 1 PLAY button on a universal remote, so just think of it as 2 devices and you'll be all set. Some RCA remotes, like the RCU810, even let you program functions to the device buttons, so you could make the VCR device button select VCR mode on the device, likewise for the DVD button, if you're so inclined.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that even if you make 2 devices, you can still use those to build a single "combo" device by going to the buttons tab in RM and selecting functions from either device. For example, in your combo, you could put all the playback controls for DVD on the hard buttons and the playback controls for VCR on the LCD if you wanted.

I did that for a friend with a combo Home Theater box that included AVR, Bluray and CD in one. I also use the same idea for multi-zone audio - distinct devices per zone plus a combo for high level control of both without switching devices/activities.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all a matter of personal preference, of course, but I still think it's best to think of all the "parts" as separate devices, even if they are all physically combined into one unit, then have each device mode on the universal remote control each "part", so PLAY in CD mode plays the CD and PLAY in DVD mode plays the Bluray, etc. And in 1000v's case, PLAY in VCR mode would play a tape while PLAY in DVD mode would play a disc. Just because the original remote had 3 separate PLAY buttons, doesn't mean we have to.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get the setup menu to show up I tried all of the functions that I thought would work (Menu/Setup/Program/etc) I tired both the DVD codes and VCR codes but still nothing.

Is it possible that the combination units used a different EFC or OBC then the stand alone devices that I am using the codes from?

Anyway here is a picture of the original OEM remote
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SbNyjBKvjgU0tyw-ijB266Zfwvvcdr0P
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a copy on IMGUR:
https://i.imgur.com/irYDXfX.jpg
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought I found a similar model but it is not a US model therefore it does not use the sharp protocol (NEC2) so I failed again trying to find the setup code (This device is menu driven and almost every function relies on the setup key) How many possible EFC/OBC codes are possible with the Sharp and Sharp DVD protocols as I just want to start with random ones that don't already do a known function (Yes I know that is sometimes not a good idea as you can cause damage to the device by executing a service menu function)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about destructive buttons as they almost always are for TVs .
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: I finally found the Setup Key!! Reply with quote

Code:

Protocol: SharpDVD
Device: 8
Sub Device: 48
OBC: 165
Hex CMD: 5A 75
EFC: 224
Misc: E=1

I will try to get a complete upgrade for both functions latter but I am very happy I found the setup key as I said it is a menu driven device

Anyway I found it with the universal remote from my 2011 Onkyo AVR (TX-NR609).

I tried all of the other universal remotes in my house and I tried it as I had nothing to loose not thinking it would work as none of the other ones I tried worked
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I got the remote (eBay) and I created the upgrade for both devices I could not find the upgrade anywhere else. Hopefully this helps somebody with the same unit and no remote
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the upgrades, but I noticed that you forgot to assign the functions to actual buttons. That's the kind of thing that might confuse a newbie if they don't notice it.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Thanks for posting the upgrades, but I noticed that you forgot to assign the functions to actual buttons. That's the kind of thing that might confuse a newbie if they don't notice it.

I did not forget.

I did that on purpose as everyone does not have a Nevo remote with the on screen buttons. When you select your remote model you usually have to reassign the functions anyway as each remote has a different layout anyway.

I will revise the files and re-post them
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I edited the file with the functions assigned to the buttons on the Nevo C2 remote

The new version is here feel free to delete the first one as I don't think I can do that
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: