JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

failed OARUSB04G

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jt42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: failed OARUSB04G Reply with quote

I bought 2 OARUSB04G and got one set up in the States at my daughter's - using both simpleset and RMIR. no problems.

I came home to Montreal and last night hooked up again and used simpleset to replace 2 of the devices - that part went fine but when uploading I got the message "Disk is Full". After that, the remote didn't work at all - no lights so no possible reset to default - so strange?

Has anyone any idea what might have gone wrong? I've returned them (amazon) and have 2 replacements coming but plan only to use the code setup and learning and not connect again but I'd really like to know what went wrong if possible.

Thanks for any info
Julie
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably could have helped you restore the remotes if you had asked before you returned them. Now that you no longer have the remotes, I doubt that we can do any further investigation.
jt42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I do still have them - haven't packed them up yet and would love to fix them
jt42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: failed OARUSB04G - I do still have them Reply with quote

just sending this again with revised subject line so perhaps The Robman will see it's a new posting and help me investigate.

thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the expert with this, but I am hoping that one of the experts will notice this thread and help you out.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen that error. You can try loading this clean settings.bin file and see if that gets it going again. Other than that, I don't know what else to try.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25315
jt42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try that but got the same message "disk is full". It's very strange and it happened on two remotes which makes me wonder if maybe it's something in my PC setup (Windows 7 x64) or hardware which fried them? I don't know - with the replacements I'll just do the code entering setup because i really like the remote. Thanks though.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just load the bin outside or RMIR, do you get the same thing? Since the remote appears as a drive in file explorer, do you see any additional files on the drive and can you delete or overwrite them?
jt42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how I tried it (TotalCommander and copied the file over). Just the two files that came with it. Later I couldn't get the remote to show up at all.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I haven't used Total Commander on a PC in over 20 years. Have you tried using Windows File Explorer?
jt42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still great and I'd be lost without it. Right now i'm in the midst of another battle with sagetv and hdpvr2's - i'll check with file explorer later but I can't really see that it would make a difference??? the upload failed in Simpleset and rmir and total commander..............and last time I checked I couldn't even access the remote anymore - not in TC or in My Computer...
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Computer is the same as file explorer. Worth a try in case TC is doing something slightly different than explorer does. But Simpleset probably uses file explorer anyway.

Are you sure the drive letter for the remote hasn't changed? Perhaps your download is pointing to a DVD drive or something like that, so disk full would make sense.

Also, have you tried fresh alkaline batteries?
yaworski

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try taking out the batteries and then plug the USB cable without them.

Make sure that the name of the file is settings.bin and when you upload it to the remote, you're asked if you want to overwrite the file. You can also try deleting the original settings.bin from the remote before the upload.

I've only got disk full error when I've tried to upload a file with a name different than settings.bin.
jt42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: oh my gosh!! Reply with quote

I got them both working with many thanks to the support here. Nothing was making them show in file explorer so I finally resorted to trying every USB cable I've saved up over the years and I finally connected one that made them show up.

Then I was able to upload the clean settings.bin and after that I restored the rmir and rmdu files (within RMIR) I had created a few days ago. I did learn that those won't work unless I upload them to a "clean" device so thank you - I didn't know that!

I can't believe it - not one "disk is full" message! And, oddly, when I did get it earlier, I was uploading a settings.bin file? I'm happy now but will have to deal with the two replacements I've got coming from Amazon!! I may buy them because the remote is good (for me anyway) and having extras won't hurt.

Again, thank you all so much!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: