JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GeoSatPro HDVR3500
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twogringos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: GeoSatPro HDVR3500 Reply with quote

I have tried all three of the remote codes for GeoSat receivers in the file section of this forum and searched elsewhere to no avail. The available codes have some functioning buttons, the all important OK/Select mutes the receiver and no other button does the OK function. I could live with the limited functionality if only there was an OK. Is it possible to open the .bin in an editor and change the code? (I tried to download tools from the wiki, but got 404s.) I may be able to get the IR code from the manufacturer with whom I've had dialog.
Thank you for any help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see 2 GeoSat files in the Slingbox folder, one for the Geosat DVR1100c and one for the GeoSatPro HDVR1200. Given that they both use different codesets, I imaging that only one of them gave you partial functionality, so we'd need to know which one?

As for your question about editing the bin files. You can indeed do that by importing them into the RM program, but a better option is to use the RMDU file that they were generated from.

Which link in the wiki is not working?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That box uses the same codes as the Geosat DVR1100 (NEC1 64:64). Unfortunately according to the Logitech Harmony database they are identical and the OBC code for OK/Select is 13 in both cases.
twogringos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a third remote code on the slingbox site for the GeoSatPro microHD. Also it is in your RM files. All three have up arrow, right arrow, numbers, power, and color buttons that work. I have a remote for the microHD and that is what I find when I try to use it to control the 3500. GeoSatPro told me that there was an error in manufacturing that switched the OK and Mute. After the holiday I will ask them what the OK code is.
From the wiki, the link below gives a 404.
"Or download my full IRSCOPE/REMOTEMASTER package"
Is there another link to the editing program I should use?
Thanks
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one then: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25306
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twogringos wrote:
From the wiki, the link below gives a 404.
"Or download my full IRSCOPE/REMOTEMASTER package"
Is there another link to the editing program I should use?
Thanks

OK, I did a Google search to find the page that you are referring to, which is this:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_Create_Custom_Remote_Controls_and_use_them_on_your_Slingbox

I found the bad link but it's to a page that I've never heard of (ie, http://rmrsoft.com/remote.zip ). I'll let Alan deal with the bad link as that's his wiki page, but regardless, I would not recommend downloading our software from non-trusted external sources as that's how viruses get into the mix.

We have a file section here on the JP1 site and you can download all of our tools from there.
twogringos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the OK button brings up 'Signal'
I've had a response from GeoSatPro and am waiting for the OK code.
twogringos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have the remote code map, courtesy of GeosatPro, but I'm confused now as the button codes are not all decimal values. The 'OK' button is shown as 0D and the mute is 0d. Signal is 0C, but in the revised bin above the code 13 served up the signal. I'm not sure where to go from here!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0D = decimal OBC 13
0C = decimal OBC 12

I don't quite follow which one is actually the OK code you got from Geosat, but pick the one above that matches whatever they gave you.

Could you share the whole map with us?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twogringos wrote:
OK, I have the remote code map, courtesy of GeosatPro, but I'm confused now as the button codes are not all decimal values. The 'OK' button is shown as 0D and the mute is 0d. Signal is 0C, but in the revised bin above the code 13 served up the signal. I'm not sure where to go from here!

0D is hex for 13, so that's the same code that we're already using. They are basically (incorrectly) saying that MUTE and OK use the same code (hex is not case sensitive). Signal is 12, which is 0C in hex.

If they're saying that OK and MUTE got swapped, let's just swap them back. We have MUTE=15 and OK=13, so let's reverse that. Try this...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25322
twogringos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to upload the remote map after I write this. It is becoming clear that the problem is errors in the map. There are five codes that are used twice: 0D, 0E, 17, 1D, and 43. The code 0D is mapped to both mute and OK/select. 0D was assigned to mute during manufacturing and we don't yet know what was used for OK/select.
So, here is my plan. I will use the device upgrade function of RMIR to change the numbers 0-9 to codes that are not assigned on the map, then upload the bin and run through the numbers until I identify functionality. This is going to take some time (unless I'm lucky) so I hope someone else might like to work on the remote skin. I am starting with The Robman's bin in the post above. I'll keep you posted.
twogringos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio, the green button is OBC 41, hex 29. The map says it is hex 17, but that brings up 'History'.
twogringos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

The audio, green button is hex 20, OBC 32. OK/select is hex 5C, OBC 92. Setting down_arrow to hex 1E, OBC 30 has it function as down channel, but not as down arrow when navigating menus. I'll post a corrected bin, but it uses the default remote which does not have all the functionality of the GeosatPro remote. I'll post it as 3500HDVR_S2010_PL.bin.
twogringos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The down_arrow is OBC 90, hex 5A. Now it functions to change channel and to navigate when in the menu mode.
Unresolved are hex 1B and hex 43. There are not enough buttons on the default remote to test these, but if the pattern follows, hex 43 will be 'USB' and hex 1B will be 'ACCESS', with 'ZOOM' and 'fast up?' having a different assignment.
The current file I am using (s2010_PL.bin) controls all of the satellite receiver functions and that is sufficient for me. I have posted the file in the satellite section.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25325
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your work on this. If you have run out of buttons on the default remote to test the codes, create a second upgrade with the rest of the codes in it.

There's no need to tell us the hex codes, we just need the decimal OBC codes.

You loaded a Slingbox bin file into the upgrade section, could you please replace that with the RMDU file that you used to generate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: