JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone working on a URC-9960 extender?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenyarnall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Anyone working on a URC-9960 extender? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if such a development effort is underway?

I've glanced at the source for the 2133 extender, and without some docs, the learning curve for extender writing seems steep. I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd volunteer to help.

I'd love to be able to speed up macros and place them on device buttons, as well as use buttons that are otherwise devoted to scrolling (a useless design).

Ken
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone working on a URC-9960 extender? Reply with quote

kenyarnall wrote:
I'd love to be able to speed up macros and place them on device buttons, as well as use buttons that are otherwise devoted to scrolling (a useless design).

AFAIK, you can place macros on the device buttons using JP1.

IIRC, the 2133 doesn't allow access to any of the non-standard buttons in any given device mode, even with the extender. I would assume that to be true of the 9960 as well (whch is a BIG limitation over any of the normal hard-button remotes)
kenyarnall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone working on a URC-9960 extender? Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
AFAIK, you can place macros on the device buttons using JP1.

Not on the 9960; I've tried. At least, I've tried using IR 3.21, with the macros tab. Is there another way to do it?

Mark Pierson wrote:
IIRC, the 2133 doesn't allow access to any of the non-standard buttons in any given device mode, even with the extender. I would assume that to be true of the 9960 as well (whch is a BIG limitation over any of the normal hard-button remotes)

That would be a shame; the remote would really be charming if I could get the device buttons and buttons like "pvr vod" to do as I command...

I wish I new more, or could read more, about how this extender stuff worked, so that I could at least figure out what's possible, or at best contribute somehow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: