JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

U-Verse VIP 1200 STB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlingBoxGuy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: U-Verse VIP 1200 STB Reply with quote

Just recently switched back to U-Verse from direct TV. My Slingbox Pro HD was working fine with the wireless Direct TV Box as far as the IR Blasters being able to control the remote. Prior to being on Satellite, had U-Verse and was able to use my SlingBox without issue.

Now that I am switched back to U-Verse, I can no longer remote control (via the Slingbox IR-Blasters) the VIP 1200 Box.

Have picture and sound - so no connectivity issues or problems accessing the Slingbox on the internet. The only problem is with the remote control. I have updated the Slingbox with the VIP 1200 Settings in Slingbox configuration and even tried the other with the various generic codes and nothing is working to be able to remote control the box. Also tried to hook up a VIP 2500 but there is no remote profile in the Slingbox configuration for the VIP 2500 and it does not work with any of the other AT&T U-Verse remote profiles.

Completely at a loss as it was working fine with the Sat back couple days ago.

Thanks in advance!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6298
SlingBoxGuy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Have you tried this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6298

Tried that and it was not working. The next step I took is to test the IR blasters with a front facing selfie camera (verified by testing a known good IR remote) and the IR blasters are not lighting up when they are sent a signal.

The internal connector on the PRO-HD for the IR blasters appears to be fine - not loose or broken. Can the IR blasters suddenly stop functioning? I have not done a Slingbox reset at this point.

Thanks in advance for any further help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that the IR blasters are not working just for that upgrade, or are they not working for anything?
SlingBoxGuy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Are you saying that the IR blasters are not working just for that upgrade, or are they not working for anything?

When I did the smart phone test on the IR blasters - they are not lighting up no matter what remote profile I input into the Slingbox configuration.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you have a problem with your box itself, or the blaster cables. You need to get that sorted before we can worry about finding the right bin file for you.
SlingBoxGuy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Then you have a problem with your box itself, or the blaster cables. You need to get that sorted before we can worry about finding the right bin file for you.

Tried the soft reset procedure and seems to have no effect. Will be trying the hard reset and smart phone blaster test. If that does not work will try a new set of blaster cables.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: