JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CH340G USB-to-Serial converter
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackride

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: CH340G USB-to-Serial converter Reply with quote

Hi, guys. I have the URC-6440 R02 remote, but RM does not see it. I connected through different USB cables. When I connect the URC-6440 R02 to the computer, the OFA REMOTE disk with settings.bin opens.
I also opened RMIR in REMOTE -> Interface -> JP1 USB -> Automatic detection. RMIR does not find the URC-6440 R02.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR only looks for the remote when you attempt to upload or download. What errors do you get when you do this?
blackride

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
RMIR only looks for the remote when you attempt to upload or download. What errors do you get when you do this?

Thank you for the quick answer Smile
I get an error "No remotes found". I also have another console (URC-7140 Version JP1.4). I connect it via the CH340 converter. And the RMIR also does not see it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackride wrote:
I also have another console (URC-7140 Version JP1.4). I connect it via the CH340 converter.

What is a "CH340 converter" ?
blackride

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
blackride wrote:
I also have another console (URC-7140 Version JP1.4). I connect it via the CH340 converter.

What is a "CH340 converter" ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222436686027

CH340G Not Support?

I use pins:
1. VCC (3.3V)
2. DTR as RTS
3. GND
4. RX
6. TX
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I bought that exact interface at some point and couldn't get it to work with JP1. But I didn't mess with it for very long. In any case, that's not how our interfaces work (no VCC, and no DTR as RTS). I don't think anybody has time to troubleshoot a completely new interface right now. So get an interface for your 7140 that's known to work and start a new thread if you still have trouble.

For your 6440, what OS and what is the full path to the jar file? Also post your rmaster.err file in the diagnosis section.

Here are your interface options:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16200
yaworski

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you connect your 6440 using USB cable, do you see a new drive showing up in your system? It should contain a Settings.bin file.

RMIR doesn't use JP1 USB interface for 6440. It looks for the mass storage device, which is emulated by the remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chip_partner cable is currently $8.50 shipped...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360
blackride

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaworski wrote:
When you connect your 6440 using USB cable, do you see a new drive showing up in your system? It should contain a Settings.bin file.

Yes. I see the disk "OFA REMOTE" with Settings.bin file.

yaworski wrote:
RMIR doesn't use JP1 USB interface for 6440. It looks for the mass storage device, which is emulated by the remote.

For URC-6440 I need to run RMIR or Remot Master?
After I connect URC-6440 to the computer and open the disk "OFA REMOTE", I run one of the above programs? And what actions after? I need to choose the file Settings.bin in the program? The program itself uploads to the urc-6440 the modified Setting.bin or only edits, but I upload through file explorer of windows?

mdavej wrote:
I'm pretty sure I bought that exact interface at some point and couldn't get it to work with JP1. But I didn't mess with it for very long. In any case, that's not how our interfaces work (no VCC, and no DTR as RTS). I don't think anybody has time to troubleshoot a completely new interface right now. So get an interface for your 7140 that's known to work and start a new thread if you still have trouble.

You are talking about the interface of the CH340G? I did not buy it for this purpose, I bought it when I needed to flash the router TP-Link. For JP1 here I found a topic that one enthusiast finalized the library in 2015 and had to download this change. But with JP1.4 it probably does not work. Unfortunately I do not have remote control with JP1.2/3 to check the operation of GH340G.

mdavej wrote:

For your 6440, what OS and what is the full path to the jar file?

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\javaw.exe" -jar RemoteMaster.jar

OS Windows 7. But I also tried in Linux.

mdavej wrote:
Also post your rmaster.err file in the diagnosis section.

How to start diagnostics "rmaster.err"?
blackride

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upd.

I moved the folder to the root of the C drive and the RMIR saw URC-6440 through the JPC. But how can I make it so that the master reminder program also see URC-6440? Program Remote Master at the bottom should show the remaining memory in the URC-6440?

Last edited by blackride on Mon May 07, 2018 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1.4/3/2 all use the same interface. But I haven't seen anyone report success with the CH340G, including myself. I'm not in a position to tackle that myself at the moment, and I think Graham, our main developer, is also busy with other things right now. So your best option is to buy the interface that Rob posted.

I think the OFA remote needs a drive letter assignment. Perhaps this isn't happening automatically. Try to assign a letter in Computer Management - Disk Management in windows administrative tools.

RMIR reads/writes to the bin file and copies it to/from the remote directly when you upload/download from within RMIR. There are no intermediate steps you have to take in explorer.

What folder is the RemoteMaster.jar (or err) file in, not the javaw.exe? Remote Master needs to be in a writeable folder like a sub-folder of My Documents or something like that, not in Program Files.

Diagnostics are automatic. Just post the latest err file after you attempt a download.
blackride

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
JP1.4/3/2 all use the same interface. But I haven't seen anyone report success with the CH340G, including myself.

Shenson
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15804&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't quite follow your last post, but I think you're saying the folder was the culprit as I suspected.

The bin file IS the 6440 as far as RMIR is concerned. Just open the bin file. It will read/write to that file and copy it to the remote. If you save as an RMIR file, then you can also save notes and descriptions and things like that. So after the initial download, save as RMIR file and work with that from now on.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackride wrote:
mdavej wrote:
JP1.4/3/2 all use the same interface. But I haven't seen anyone report success with the CH340G, including myself.

Shenson
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15804&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15
Nice. So you need his modified serial dll for this to work. Have you replaced your dll with his?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackride wrote:
yaworski wrote:

For URC-6440 I need to run RMIR or Remote Master?
After I connect URC-6440 to the computer and open the disk "OFA REMOTE", I run one of the above programs? And what actions after? I need to choose the file Settings.bin in the program? The program itself uploads to the urc-6440 the modified Setting.bin or only edits, but I upload through file explorer of windows?

RM is used to create/modify upgrades, RMIR is used to communicate with the remote. What you need to do is, connect your remote, then use RMIR to download the memory from your remote (ie, use the down arrow in the menu bar, or select Remote > Download from Remote

blackride wrote:
mdavej wrote:
Also post your rmaster.err file in the diagnosis section.

How to start diagnostics "rmaster.err"?

When you download, RMIR will create it, in the same folder that you installed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: