JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learning Capacities and Cloning of O4A Smart Control Remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimTimNotTim

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Learning Capacities and Cloning of O4A Smart Control Remote Reply with quote

Hi JP1 Forum,

I have some plans, and I'm starting to think I was a little over ambitious.

I have four URC-7955 One For All Smart Control remote controls. These are the ones with the bluetooth app that is rubbish.

I have this entertainment system setup, with CCTV/TV/PC sent over HDMI into every room of the house, with IR over HDMI sending control signals back to the origin point. It works perfectly with the original remote controls but I wanted one universal remote in each room that would be programmed to control all devices. The CCTV system and the HDMI multi-viewer have remote controls and I have been trying to learn the commands onto my universal remote manually, since they won't be in the codelist obviously.

I was planning on setting up one remote by using the learn function and then cloning the settings from one remote onto the other four. So I've started setting up the first one. I've learned quite a lot of buttons, but have come stuck on several keys. It just won't learn them. I started to worry that the memory was full, but when I e-mailed O4A they said my device can learn about 400 commands. That should be more than enough for my usage. When I press the original remote button, the O4A magic light blinks once, but not very long.
A) Was their answer correct or is the memory more limited?
B) Is there any trick to learning keys? Does taking the batteries out to reset the remote ever help? Does reprogramming the device to another codeset ever help etc? OR am I wasting my time?

Secondly, the cloning I was planning on doing. This isn't possible with the O4A app, much to my disappointment. So I bought a JP1 cable and have installed some JP1 software, but the URC7955 isn't supported right now. I have seen a few threads, but don't understand much.
C) Do you think it will be possible to clone my programmed settings from one remote to another, using JP1 software. Or would this not be possible even if URC7955 was supported?

Thanks for any replies Very Happy
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A) They are probably correct about the memory
B) Many tricks. Vary spacing (2-3 inches, not too far, not too close), use long presses, low ambient light works best. Codesets and resets do not come into play unless memory is full, which I don't think is the case.
C) Yes. Should be supported soon. Could get modified version of this poster's RMIR and try that.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=133150

Post make/model of your devices and we may be able to find existing codes.

If you get RMIR working, you can post your file and we can analyze the codes you've learned so far.
TimTimNotTim

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply

I may try and get it working soon hopefully.

The equipment I am using is :
Humax FVP-4000T (works mostly)
Windows Media Center (works mostly)
TMEZON CCTV DVR (learning all the buttons)
HDMI 4x1 Quad Multi-viewer (learning all the buttons)
Philips MCB204 HiFi (this one is a real pain, the remote is almost broken and most of the keys aren't on the O4A so I have to remap a lot of them to random keys that aren't useful on a hifi!)
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have any luck finding upgrades for your learned devices. Can build upgrades from your learns when you get RMIR working.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line Tim, yes the learning memory is limited so you may not have enough to learn all of the devices at once, but there should be more than enough upgrade memory, so if you (or we) convert your learns into upgrades, you should be able to control all of your devices with the one remote.
fire.bird

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TimTimnotTim
The URC-7955 is now working for upload/download with the latest Development version of Remote Master. So cloning/coping should be possible now.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=134201#134201
TimTimNotTim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fire.bird wrote:
@TimTimnotTim
The URC-7955 is now working for upload/download with the latest Development version of Remote Master. So cloning/coping should be possible now.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=134201#134201

Thanks fire.bird for bringing this to my attention, I wish I had noticed it earlier Smile

I have just downloaded the latest software and performed my first clone operation. All went smoothly and so now I have two identical remotes, one for upstairs and one for downstairs.

I have 67 learned buttons and the RMIR software told me I have 6 memory free. Later on I might start trying to lear how to use this fantastic software to make better use of it.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you can download your RMIR image, please post a copy of it in the file section (Diagnosis Area folder) and then post a link to it here. We should be able to advise how to convert those learned signals into upgrades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: