JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo screens?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Nevo screens? Reply with quote

OK, this is weird to me.

When I had a C2, I got all of my activities set up and everything worked perfectly. I had the buttons set up so that the soft buttons were mapped to one device so that when the activity was done I would have those buttons on the screen (and then did some key moves from other devices there)

I got a C3 recently, decided that I wanted the touch screen and the rechargeable battery/stand. Built the same configuration that I had with the C2, changed around some discrete codes in my activity assist macro since I found I was always adjusting stuff.

But now when I select an activity and push the button on the screen, everything works but then things get weird. If I don't touch the remote after the activity list is still on screen. But if I then push on the touch screen buttons they "transition" to the buttons mapped to my TV device. And even stranger, since there are 6 soft buttons, when I tap where one of them should be the screen goes from the green activity button to HALF of the blue TV button, then if I push on the other side the other half comes in. After pushing all 6 buttons, which does transmit the codes to the AV system) the screen gets to the point where it was with my previous setup.

Anyone else ever seen this? Obviously the firmware in the two remotes isn't the same! Is there a work around?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to this given that dave told me that you can load a C3 file into a C2, I did just that with the same setup from the C3

The behavior on the C2 is what I was expecting. After the activity macro finishes the screen changes to the screen for the TV device since I've set the soft keys to the TV device.

The C3 is just being weird.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven"t seen that before. Have you tried building something for the C3 from scratch to see if that fixes it?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did build the file for the C3 from scratch

Then I loaded it on to the C2 and don't see that behavior. Interestingly enough when I loaded it onto the C2 the tilt option went off, even though the tilt option was on in the C3. There must be some subtle differences between the two
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding more to this

I also had three key moves from my audio device, to change the DSP setting, onto the TV soft keys. (done through the TV device button page)

These don't show up on this weird screen.

I tried deleting the key moves to see if that might be the issue, but that didn't help.

Is there a "factory reset" on the novo that sets it back to out of the box settings? Perhaps something in its past is causing this? I did buy it used
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factory Reset:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo#Buying_the_Nevo

See "Xsight Operations" here to do a complete rebuild:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Other_RMIR_Resources
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A factory reset and then reload of the same file has cleared this up. Something odd was going on with the remote.

Thanks Dave
n8nagel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it's solved but I had the same thing happen to me on Xsight Color (C2) after the 10th or so upload... Factory reset was the fix
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: