JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Error Saving File

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbrux

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Error Saving File Reply with quote

After working on my Xsight Touch (8603) configuration for a few hours, I now get "Error saving file" when I try to save it. How can I figure out what is wrong and fix it, or at least prevent it from happening?
Furthermore, my remote, which worked normally before, now fails to finish any activities. Each activity appears to finish, that is it appears to have transmitted all programmed commands, but the remote's touch screen remains in the (green) activity mode and unresponsive, instead of switching to the (blue) operating mode with the preconfigured keys, as it previously did.
Even loading an RMIR file which was previously saved without error and uploading it to the remote does not restore the remote to normal operation.
HELP!

P.S. For an example of a recent file which saved successfully, but which fails to restore my remote to normal operation, please see:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25136
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try a 981 reset, or a factory reset.
How can I factory reset my remote?

Go to 'Home'
Hit settings'
Scroll to the last page
Hit 'Reset' ONCE
Type '981'
Screen should change from 'Reset' to 'Factory Reset'
Press Factory Reset
rsbrux

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chuliu, before trying a factory reset, I tried an ordinary reset, which hung. However, removing and replacing the battery restored the remote to working condition, so a factory reset was not needed.
Now if I could only figure out what is causing "Error saving file"!
rsbrux

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have a clue as to what made my file unsavable. It appears to be due to (attempted) deletion of the device "Philips TV". The file can be saved until I try to delete the device "Philips TV". When I attempt to delete the device, it is not removed from the device list. However the resulting file cannot be saved. I have deleted all related activities, macros and learned signals before attempting to delete the device. A savable version for test purposes is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25141

P.S. I uploaded the file onto my XSight Touch (URC 8603) and deleted the device there, then downloaded the configuration from the remote. The resulting configuration can be saved normally:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25142
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: