JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 4 device remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul@PaulRina.ca

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Atlas 4 device remote Reply with quote

I have been experimenting with an Atlas 4 Device remote (that's the name on the manual). It's device signature blink back is 3033 (same as an Atlas 1055). When I try to access it from RMIR it wants to load the 1055 RDF even though the remotes have very different capacities. I have found 2 different RDFs for the Altas 4 Device (in the RDF directory) - ATLOATLO and AXLO1008 but I cannot access either of these via RMIR. The label inside the battery compartment reads: 4ACXXXB06-R and A121403. Any suggestions?

thanks
-Paul
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use an RDF with a different signature, nor would you want to.

When remote's share a signature, it usually means that they share the same chip (and therefore the same capabilities), even if the external appearance is different. One of the Atlas experts (which is not me) would have to say if that is the case here, of it two different remotes really do have the same sig.

What makes you believe that the 1055 RDF is wrong for your remote? When you download the memory using RMIR, what looks wrong?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, the old 4 device remotes were JP1 not JP1.3, and they were manufactured at the stage where UEI was transitioning from 3 digit EFCs to 5 digit EFC's and so keymoves were buggy as can be.

If your remote is indeed a JP1.3 remote, rejoice!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Paul@PaulRina.ca

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003

It is, in fact, a JP 1.3 but how to I find an RDF which reflects it's unique function & button layout?

Can I modify an earlier RDF eg. ATL0ATL0 and how?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, Rob wrote above: "When you download the memory using RMIR, what looks wrong?". If RMIR finds an RDF with the right signature, you should be able to do a download. Have you tried a download or were you put off by the RDF it found? The RDF you should be able to modify is the one with the correct signature, not one with a similar name for the remote. JP1 and JP1.3 remotes are entirely different beasts even if the name of the remote is similar. The starting point would be to do a download with the 1055 RDF that RMIR finds.
Paul@PaulRina.ca

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Paul, Rob wrote above: "When you download the memory using RMIR, what looks wrong?". If RMIR finds an RDF with the right signature, you should be able to do a download. Have you tried a download or were you put off by the RDF it found? The RDF you should be able to modify is the one with the correct signature, not one with a similar name for the remote. JP1 and JP1.3 remotes are entirely different beasts even if the name of the remote is similar. The starting point would be to do a download with the 1055 RDF that RMIR finds.

Graham:

Nothing actually "looks wrong" when I use the 1055 RDF but the buttons are quite different between a 1055 remote and the Atlas 4-device remote. The 1055 remote has quite a few more buttons but the 4-device remote has buttons that don't appear on the 1055 eg. "macro" & "bypass". Neither of these show up on the button maps or the "layout" image. I am hoping to use the "bypass" button on the 4-device I don't understand how it might relate to buttons on the 1055. Any suggestions?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul@PaulRina.ca wrote:

Graham:

Nothing actually "looks wrong" when I use the 1055 RDF but the buttons are quite different between a 1055 remote and the Atlas 4-device remote. The 1055 remote has quite a few more buttons but the 4-device remote has buttons that don't appear on the 1055 eg. "macro" & "bypass". Neither of these show up on the button maps or the "layout" image. I am hoping to use the "bypass" button on the 4-device I don't understand how it might relate to buttons on the 1055. Any suggestions?

All the 3033 remotes have the same programming inside to handle buttons by their HEX code. If the button is not actually on your remote, it is then a PHANTOM button. Since the PHANTOM buttons don't exist on the remote, they can only be used in macros.

Also since your remote is only 4 device, there will be a PHANTOM DEVICE too. When you hold the power button to do the MASTER POWER option, its going to send signals to all 5 devices. In addition you can assign put the remote into the 5th device state by using the 5th device in a macro. The remote won't light a device button, but it will operate in that device mode.

Most of the ATLAS remotes have a band of 3 buttons right below the MUTE and LAST CHANNEL that are cable company specific. In the earlier Atlas models these were labeled with a sticker, later models had the names screen printed directly on the remotes housing. When we peeled away the stickers some of them had F1 F2 and F3 screen printed on the body, others are just blank. The F1, F2, F3 buttons are used for MULTI-MACRO buttons. Multi-Macro buttons can store several macros, where each push of the button will cycle through a different macro button.

In the RDF in the [Buttons] section the line
macro1:F1=$34,
macro2:OnDemand=$35,
macro3:F2=$36,

My guess is that "bypass" and "macro" refer to the F1 and F2 buttons.

The labels F1-F3 gave us fits, because it looks to be valid HEX, the Hex numbers for these buttons are actually $34, $35, $36,
I have 5 atlas 3033s here, and the buttons have Help, Sports, Music, Multi, F1, F2 and many are just unlabeled.

In order to modify the remote, you'll need a good image and an image map, and you will probably want to change the F1 and F2 but again these will be cable company specific, and if you buy spares from other cable companies, the labels may be different once again.

BTW; Graham has some pretty cool tricks on how to get the remote to flash the hex for various buttons. I just can't find my notes on that subject.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Graham has some pretty cool tricks on how to get the remote to flash the hex for various buttons. I just can't find my notes on that subject.

Vicky is referring to this method. If you haven't got an IR Widget then you need another learning remote to learn the signals sent in Test Mode. RMIR will then show you the OBC values sent for the various keys in Test Mode, which as that post says, are one less than the button number. If your remote has the same firmware as an Atlas then this method should work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, if you post a good photo of your remote, or post a link to a pic on the web, someone here might be able to start a new RDF for you.

I expect that most of the buttons on your remote will show up correctly using the 1055 RDF, and for the ones that don't, what you could do is, program a keymove or macro to each of those buttons (eg, "macro", "bypass", etc) and then see what 1055 buttons they turn up on, then post that info here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: