JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

For old Slingboxes, does Sling only allow one BIN file now?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: For old Slingboxes, does Sling only allow one BIN file now? Reply with quote

For legacy Slingboxes like Slingbox PRO HD, I used to be able to upload different BIN file for different video sources. Now, when I try to upload different BIN files through the desktop app, ALL of the video sources gets overridden by whichever the BIN file I uploaded last. In other words, I can only control one video source now. Is that how it works now? Did Sling stop supporting multiple input controls? Thank you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you making sure to give them all unique names? Like C2000.bin, C2001.bin, etc

If you call them all C2000.bin then yeah, they will overlay each other.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I did try giving the bin file a different name than the one before it. However, when I upload the bin with modified name, it gives me error message "Invalid custom bin file." I remember it used to work even with the same names. You can see in the linked img below. Thank you.

alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know you have never been able to install multiple BIN files of the same code, and I have been involved since the Classic Very Happy And you can't just rename a BIN file as the code is also part of the file itself. You have to use RemoteMaster to compile the BIN file with a different setup code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: