JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR "Download from Remote" Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Humanist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: RMIR "Download from Remote" Error Reply with quote

I've recently purchased an URC-6440 R02 remote.

After a few days of using the built-in functionality and the simpleset.com website interface to arrive at a reasonably satisfactory configuration, I wanted to try RMIR and then the URC-6440 extender in order to go the extra mile.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using RMIR v2.06 buld 2. Initially "Download from Remote" works and I'm able to see the remote's configuration. However, once I do an "Upload to Remote", any subsequent "Download from Remote", whether I have or I haven't made any changes to the configuration, fails with an error message.

The error message prompts me to send a raw download of the remote, so here it is:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25079

When I copy to the remote the settings.bin file I had saved prior to using RMIR, the "Download from Remote" in RMIR works again, but after a subsequent "Upload to Remote", it fails again.

Thank you for your great work, which hopefully I will be able to enjoy as well.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that simpleset.com has created a device upgrade that RMIR could not handle. In technical terms the upgrade included a pointer to a protocol executor that actually was not present. This caused RMIR to crash. The remote presumably knows to ignore this situation but RMIR did not.

I have fixed RMIR so that it also recognises this situation and ignores the non-existent executor. I have uploaded your raw download to my URC-6440 and all appears to work correctly. I will post this tomorrow as a development version for you to test, and post a link to it in this thread. I would do so now, but don't have time today to do it, I'm afraid.
The Humanist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thank you very much!

Second of all, I wanted to make sure you have the complete picture of the issue, so I uploaded another file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25081

Inside the zip there are three files:

settings.SimpleSet.bin is the settings.bin I had in my remote before trying RMIR. When I choose "Download from Remote", RMIR actually reads it successfully in the sense than no errors are thrown and the configuration is displayed on screen.

SimpleSet.rmir is the file I get when I save the configuration to disk at this point.

When I subsequently choose "Upload to Remote", settings.RMIR.bin is the settings.bin file RMIR uploads to the remote. Again, the operation completes without any discernible errors.

Only when I try to "Download from Remote" after uploading, then I get an error.

If you haven't done so, you might also want to check the stages, namely the initial download and the upload, where currently RMIR actually does *not* err, but maybe should have (due to the fact that you found there were issues with the initial configuration).

Again, thank you very much.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I'll do further tests tomorrow before I post anything for testing.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the extra files. They show that your problem lies not with RMIR itself, but with the RDF. Due to an error in the RDF, RMIR was creating a setup that it could not handle on download.

To resolve this for now, please use a text editor such as Notepad to edit the RDF file, which is 261202 (URC-6440 R02).rdf. Go down to the [Protocols] section and look at the line that starts with 015E. It reads:
Quote:
015E, 0161:5 016C:2, 0171, 0173:1, 0176, 017E, 0182:2, 0184:2 018C,

There should be a comma after each entry, so please add the two missing commas to make it be:
Quote:
015E, 0161:5, 016C:2, 0171, 0173:1, 0176, 017E, 0182:2, 0184:2, 018C,

All should then be well.

I will post a corrected RDF later, but your setup also shows something that is still puzzling me. It doesn't affect the devices you have set up, as it concerns the device PVR/3306 which you are not using. I need to investigate this further before I post any final amendments.

Edit: Further investigation has shown that the puzzling behaviour is a difference between Simpleset.com and RMIR that has no practical effect, so no further amendments are required. In particular, RMIR does not need updating.
The Humanist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All should then be well.

Indeed. Thank you.

Quote:
I will post a corrected RDF later, but your setup also shows something that is still puzzling me. It doesn't affect the devices you have set up, as it concerns the device PVR/3306 which you are not using. I need to investigate this further before I post any final amendments.

For what it's worth, last week I used "Add a Device" at simpleset.com, and selected PVR -> Technicolor. I saved it to the remote, but eventually I didn't use it as I didn't know how to (no setup codes were given by simpleset.com). Eventually, I learned that my PVR was actually made by LG, who later sold its STB business to Technicolor. I found an LG PVR code in the URC-6440 manual which worked just fine and needed only a few tweaks.

Perhaps PVR/3306 is a Technicolor code from simpleset.com.
The Humanist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Edit: Further investigation has shown that the puzzling behaviour is a difference between Simpleset.com and RMIR that has no practical effect, so no further amendments are required. In particular, RMIR does not need updating.

Excellent. Thank you.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say that before you install the extender, you should make the same change to the RDF for the extender. All the RDFs for the 6440 have the same [Protocols] section that has been block copied from one to another, so they all have the same error. Corrected RDFs will be in the next build of RMIR.

For US readers, the RDFs for the US version, the OARUSB04G, do not have this error.
The Humanist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do so. Thank you.
JAGGER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Error URC 6440 R02 Modell - One For All - Germany Reply with quote

I am from Germany, my English is not so good and not perfect, sorry!

I have Error Message from URC 6440 R02 Modell

I have Downloading from the URC, all Ok!

in the main menu in the software I have registered under "Note" 1 TV my TV model. and under 2 PVR my Telkom receiver and under 4 extra my Denon AVR

then stood under "Note" 1 Sony, 2. Media Receiver, 3 Nothing, 4, Denon AVR

The reason was that I later know which devices I have programmed here

otherwise I have not changed anything

I loaded the configuration into the remote control

and now I can no longer download my configuration from the remote!!!

ERROR ?

Remote Works, Download from the Remote not!

You can Help me?

Error downloading from remote.
This may well be the result of a bug in the RMIR software, Ro help us, pease do a raw download......

------------
Update:

I have made the following changes in all 6440 RDF files:
(As proposed, this modification)

015E, 0161:5, 016C:2, 0171, 0173:1, 0176, 017E, 0182:2, 0184:2, 018C,

I restarted the program and removed the batteries from the remote control and reinserted them. cable to it. download from the remote control, and it will not work again, same error message

------------
Update two:

I have called now under simple in the Internet the "settings.bin" and configured for 2 devices a 3 seconds power out. I saved this "settings.bin" file on the remote control. Now I can download it again with RMIR.

test:
under the main menu I have in "note" again entered the device name. Sony Denon AVR ... the change uploaded to the remote. then I downloaded RMIR again. my designations under "note" are gone!?!? but now the download from the remote, only the names under "Note" are not saved, funny, is this normal?

------------

*I made some pictures, screenshots. I have not found a way to load this up

?

Last edited by JAGGER on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't want pictures or screenshots. We want the raw download. The message that tells you to do this should also tell you how to do it. Then go to the File Section from the menu at the top of every JP1 page, select the Diagnosis Area, press the Upload button and upload the raw download. Then come back to this thread and post a message giving a link to that upload.

I have tried downloading my URC-6440, adding notes, uploading and then trying to download again and all works correctly, so I cannot reproduce your error and need the raw download to investigate further.
JAGGER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
We don't want pictures or screenshots. We want the raw download. The message that tells you to do this should also tell you how to do it. Then go to the File Section from the menu at the top of every JP1 page, select the Diagnosis Area, press the Upload button and upload the raw download. Then come back to this thread and post a message giving a link to that upload.

I have tried downloading my URC-6440, adding notes, uploading and then trying to download again and all works correctly, so I cannot reproduce your error and need the raw download to investigate further.

------------
Please Read my last Update in my post! THANX! Smile

RAW File Download URC 6440 R02

While: Error downloading from Remote.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25121
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the raw download. You seem to have the same problem that "The Humanist" had, who started this thread. It is due to an error in the RDF for the 6440. Please download the development build 3 of RMIR v2.06 which includes new RDFs with this error corrected.

I have edited the file in the link you posted. It now contains a zip package with two files, your original raw download and a repaired .rmir file I have made from it that should load correctly into build 3 and give no further problems. Please post again if it still doesn't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: