JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 Volume Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Nevo C2 Volume Control Reply with quote

If i lock the device volume to my AV receiver (yamaha) i can hold down the button, and the volume continues to change.

However, if i set it up as an external device, holding down the button does not repeat the signal and allow the volume to change..

I wouldn't mind about that so much if i could lock the volume buttons down in the RMIR, but that option doesn't seem to be there, so i have to manually set it up in the manual every time i upgrade the remote.

Ideas?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's there. See Volume Lock in the wiki. Set vol device for each device on the General tab and in each activity in the assignments area. The screenshot shows vol locked to the AVR device.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Videos
iboston

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
It's there. See Volume Lock in the wiki. Set vol device for each device on the General tab and in each activity in the assignments area. The screenshot shows vol locked to the AVR device.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Videos

Thank you.. I found it, but i find that doesn't solve the problem in all circumstances. If i click favorites, and choose a favorite channel, the volume key stops working in repeat mode. So, if i change the channel through the favorites, i have to click devices and change back to any device to get it working again. Weird?!!?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created well formed learns using barf’s irscrutinizer and then set the volume in each device using learns. That worked great for getting the repeats to work properly with each device.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iboston wrote:
mdavej wrote:

Thank you.. I found it, but i find that doesn't solve the problem in all circumstances. If i click favorites, and choose a favorite channel, the volume key stops working in repeat mode. So, if i change the channel through the favorites, i have to click devices and change back to any device to get it working again. Weird?!!?
Just set the vol device in the group assignments on the favorites and activities tabs.

Vicky's solution is great if you assigned the vol keys some other way. But using standard group assignments should work fine. If it doesn't work, then I'd like to have a look at your RMIR file.
iboston

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
iboston wrote:
mdavej wrote:

Just set the vol device in the group assignments on the favorites and activities tabs.

Vicky's solution is great if you assigned the vol keys some other way. But using standard group assignments should work fine. If it doesn't work, then I'd like to have a look at your RMIR file.

Thank YOU! - That was the trick.

I didn't think of that. This remote setup is a LOT different than the URC7780. I believe i have everything working as it is on my URC. I really like the activities option. That makes some of my more obscure keys that i didn't use very often user friendly, because i can have the text description of the feature on the LCD display.

I am going to have to get used to the larger size of the remote and the smaller size of the left,right,up,down and ok buttons.

Thanks again for your input... Merry Christmas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: