JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IT123B code for XR11 Xfinity Remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slasher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: IT123B code for XR11 Xfinity Remote Reply with quote

1. Device: iLive IT123B
2. Type of device: Soundbar
3. Year: 2012?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: XR11 Xfinity Remote
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? N/A

I am looking for the code for the iLive IT123B soundbar to use with my XR11 Xfinity Remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: IT123B code for XR11 Xfinity Remote Reply with quote

slasher wrote:
7. Checked the file section? Yes

And you didn't notice this file: iLive Soundbar it123b
slasher wrote:
I am looking for the code for the iLive IT123B soundbar to use with my XR11 Xfinity Remote.

Thank you for using the template. As far as I know, the XR11 Xfinity Remote is not a JP1 or UEI remote, so there's nothing we can do here to help you. The file in our file section tells me that the soundbar remote uses the NEC2 protocol with a device code of 0. The Lookup Tool tells me that there are 5 UEI setup codes that use that protocol/device code and you can look up the brands on the tool in case you want to try those brands on your Xfinity remote.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to use UEI-looking codes, so could be UEI after all.
https://www.xfinity.com/~/media/DA2A42AEDCA241778354739D021381E8.ashx
Here's what 3FG discovered about it a while back:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=128365#128365

It's a little weird, but if you can't find anything else, Video 0752 (20752) might control vol with the number 8 and last channel, assuming channel lock to cable device is off.

I checked simpleset, and there is no exact match. All those iLive upgrades are NEC1. On the possibility that our upgrade is the wrong protocol, I'd try other NEC1 codes as well, where EFCs for Vol+/- are 119 and 118. Mute is 183 and Power is 181.

Here's the iLive manual, but it's not very illuminating. It at least confirms that HDMI-CEC control or teaching the bar alternate codes is not an option.
https://iliveelectronics.com/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/85259/
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dave's findings are true, that's good news because it means your remote might support a function called "keymover". If it does, and you have a matching setup code that uses NEC1 or NEC2 with device code 0 (which is quite common), you could use keymover to re-arrange the buttons to make a working setup code for the soundbar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: