JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Programming an Insignia NS-RMT415

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jchiso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Programming an Insignia NS-RMT415 Reply with quote

Is it possible to program this remote? It's readily available at Best Buy, and has a communicative JP1 port, but I can't get it going with RMIR software.

Are there things I would need to to to get this to respond to programming commands? I've found RDFs and image files for the remote, but either changes are not saved (uploaded) or I get java errors on start of RMIR.

I have quite a few prior-generation Insignia remotes, and none has been problematic to program.

Any help and insight would be appreciated ...
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. We got that one working about a year ago. I'm not sure if the RDF you found on this site is up to date. Stick with the one included with RMIR.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=126279#126279

Post your RMIR err file so we can take a look. It's possible something has changed with this model, breaking what we did last year.
jchiso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a fresh download of RMIR, but I still have problems. I don't have an RMIR.err file, but there is one for rmaster.err, but I don't see any provisions for uploading to this site within the message tools.

Where would that be located in this forum?

I should also mention that there was (is) no image file for this remote.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upload here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35

I just downloaded bulid 14 and the image is definitely in there along with the correct map and RDF. You need to download the latest and overwrite your current install to handle remotes added in the past year or so. This will most likely fix your problem.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/
jchiso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the files at this link worked. I started from scratch with my directories on the previous downloads, so that version must have problems somewhere.

Thanks for the help. Now I can start with re-programming and building. It's great to know that new, programmable remotes are still available ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: