JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6440/OARUSB04G Extender 1.04 now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
I'm following the instructions to install the extender

1: downloaded the remote and saved the default configuration in RMIR format
2: rename and copy the bin file to the remote via the USB Mass Storage connection
3: open the saved default configuration in RemoteMaster
4: install the hex file as extender

This is where it fails, I get an error message :

Ext install error

EEPROM area is located differently in extended and base remotes, Extinstall terminating.

This is a bug in RMIR that affects extender installation only in the OARUSB04G 4000 (signature 257604). This is the original version of the remote. The bug does not affect the later version, known in RMIR simply as the OARUSB04G (signature 257601), or any version of the European equivalent, the URC-6440.

I have posted a development build 15 of RMIR v2.04 that fixes this bug. This consists of just one file, a RemoteMaster.jar to replace the one in build 14.
blabes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Thanks for this extender Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanks to mathdon (do we go by usernames here?) for developing, documenting, and releasing the extender for the OARUSB04G. It's working great for me, controlling a bedroom setup consisting of a fairly ancient Panasonic 42" TH-42PWD6 plasma TV, a somewhat less ancient Pioneer VSX-818V AV receiver, and a brand new DIRECTV Genie Mini.

Because the older components don't do CEC (or even HDMI in the case of the TV) the DIRECTV remote wasn't cutting it, and playing remote "Go Fish" was the only way to get the receiver to power on/off, and to get access to the TV and receiver "sleep" functionality.

Anyway, after reading, watching (shout out to The Grok Shop for his series on using RMIR with the OARUSB04G), buying, downloading, and playing around, I now have the extender installed, a couple of LKP functions for system discrete power on and off, and a macro for system sleep.

For the record, my remote did turn out to be the older OARUSB04G 4000 so they're still out there in original packaging.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, blabes, for the nice comments. It's always good to get thanks rather than bug reports Smile . I hope you found build 18 in the development folder and used that, as build 15 has been superseded and is no longer there. As you will also see there, we are still hard at work on further developments, with the latest build for us developers being the very experimental build 35 Rolling Eyes .
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for this extender Reply with quote

blabes wrote:
shout out to The Grok Shop for his series on using RMIR with the OARUSB04G

And nice find on that "how to" video.
blabes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm using RemoteMaster v2.04 build 34 so I guess I'm close to the bleeding edge. I did notice some weirdness when working in the Functions tab of the Device Upgrade Editor using the Pioneer 4DEV protocol, as in values in the OBC 2 column auto populating inappropriately. Is that worth reproducing and reporting, or not really related to the recent builds?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That behaviour is worth reproducing and reporting, yes, as the development work should not have affected that area. But it may get low priority in debugging, if it reveals a bug, as the current development work is pretty intensive at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: